3.7 - Properties (Edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 3.7 - Properties

Your version of the rule: (My addition will be in Italic)
3.7 Properties

When buying a property, players are expected to use this property and when it is not being used they should sell it so other players can use the property. The only exception are the Bazaar Shops and Business Shops with the only demand being that players make a shop and they do not use it for quick access to their storage.

When props are used to block entrances to a property, at least 2 entrances to the main area of the property must be left unobstructed. The main area of a property is defined as the area within the property where the majority of occupants reside and main functions of the property are carried out. A path is considered obstructed when a player has to either jump or crouch to travel along the path.

Players are also not allowed to grow/cook illegal substances inside of the city shops.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: Players buy out entire apartment buildings just so other people cannot base in the same building. I think this is extremely toxic and might be confusing for new player who can't buy any apartments, goes to check it out and sees no one is inside.

Another prime example was today when a player bought a property as a police officer just so he could loiter around our property legally.

This will also mean you cannot own Bazaar shops for quick storage anymore but this could easily be solved by setting up an actual (realistic) shop.

Another addition to this would be a tool so the Staff team can force putting properties for sale, I am not sure if this already exists.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We could add a system where if someone tries to buy a property that you aren't using the bank sells it.

It would have to check that there are no props inside and nobody has been inside for X minutes. However, that could just be bypassed by people placing a single prop in, so a method of doing this that can't be bypassed could be difficult.

Reaction score
Wouldn't the property be considered 'not used' if no one has walked in it for X minutes? Even if there are props inside.

Like the idea, maybe a notification if it happens, similar to your car being impounded.

Reaction score
It depends how long the time is, I guess. Perhaps if nobody goes inside for 1 hour we can have it sold and any props returned to storage?

Reaction score
@Synatec Bazaar shops have to be excluded from this system though as they may set up a shop and just wait for it to go empty in a different property.

Reaction score
I’d support this idea if there were actually any shortage of business properties ever occurring on the server but as it stands, people seem to want just their favourite bazaar shop as opposed to just any old shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.