.357 Revolver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic:
New weapon to the server

Short explanation:
Now, we already have the remington that already looks like a very old weapon from the wild west. This weapon would be a nice addition to the collection as some people would even RP russian roulete
Very easy to add and the weapon itself is in HL2 pack, therefore i chose this one for a chance to be added.

Detailed description:

Would require a manual drawback (hammer pulled back) to fire

This weapon would be craftable

Very powerful (more powerful than the Deagle)

Maximum 6 bullets in each clip

Fast loader (custom)

Minimum 70 - 90 Weapon levels

Optional additions:

Autoloader as shown bellow the revolver
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example:

free-vector-magnum-357-revolver.jpg
31l54TVCVqL.jpg

Reaction score
+SUPPORT we need weapons like this, it looks very nice. How about adding it in 2 forms, old & new? Old will be less expensive, but less powerful and dirty. New will be more expensive to craft but will be powerful and clean as shown on the photo.

Reaction score
The pistol you're suggesting is a half life weapon, so it would be completely out of place from the current weapon pack, HL weapons are rather unrealistic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The gun could be to over powered, and isn't reqll need in the server. Also like standish said it is a half life weapon which would not fit into the servers weapon pack. Lastly I have never seen anyone play Russian roulette in game or don't think anyone ever will even with this gun being added . -support

Ayjay

Reaction score
I'm not too sure what you think this is, why not add some bug bait whilst we're adding HL2 weapons.
Our current weapons are extremley realistic, and why ruin that theme?
Revolvers are pretty nice, however in a big city like Paralake they're not really going to be the biggest weapon choice.

Reaction score
+Support, I've always liked revolvers, I've bitched at devs for a revolver for months. Give it to cops instead of the M1911.

Few points to counteract OP:
- Same cost as Deagle
- Lower rate of fire
- Massive Kick

Few points to make it worth while:
- More damage than the Deagle
(If possible a cooler reload animation, similar to the Benelii, as in you load individual rounds into the chambers)

Last edited:

Deleted member 2538

+Support! Great idea to increase RP as I was thinking about this just the other day as well. Mabye call it a python or a raging bull instead of a 357 though, since 357 sounds HL2.com

Reaction score
We already have quite a big variety of weapons, and I honestly don't think that adding more will do any good. The other pistols that are around (Glock 20, M9 and M1911A1) are pretty accurate, and the M1911A1 doesn't lack in firepower, either. The chances of that revolver being used after being implemented is great - People love trying out something new. But wait a week or two, and everyone will return to their trusty M9s. (I am aware there's more than the 3 pistols mentioned, I just didn't care enough to list them all)

-support

Reaction score
neutral

There already are a various of weapons on the server, I don't think another one should be added.

Although, some people love their weapons and like to craft more.

I think that, if their is time to do so, this gun should be added.

Reaction score
This server uses Insurgency weapon pack if I'm not wrong, don't see how they could implement a revolver in without enourmous effort, so I don't really think this should be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.