4.4 Roadcrew

• Thread starter Deleted member 5577
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5577

What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 4.4 Roadcrew
Your version of the rule:

Typically, Road Crew Workers may not enter a crime scene if it has not yet been secured by law-enforcement personnel. To impound/boot a vehicle, you must have been authorized to do so by a law-enforcement personnel. Road Crew Workers must inform law-enforcement personnel if they have repaired a vehicle that was damaged as a result of a crime.

Road Crew Workers may charge a fee of up to $500.00 for each of repairing, un-booting or un-impounding a vehicle.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: I feel like roadcrew should be able to do their job without checking in with a police officer first. Often police officers don't respond if they're busy or dead and sometimes there just aren't any police officers on to give authorization so roadcrew is technically unable to do anything. If RC are abusing and just stealing cars they should be blacklisted I don't see why roadcrew can't just take illegally parked cars away seeing as they can now also patrol.

Reaction score
police officers duty is to enforce the law, which includes traffic violations, so it doesn't make sense to allow roadcrew workers a law-enforcing exception

Deleted member 5577

Fair point however in most cities it would be the job of the city to get rid of illegally parked cars

Reaction score
Officers are currently very accepting of authorizing blanket permissions to roadcrew workers, at least from my personal experience. Perhaps an idea would be for the PLPD to arrange some kind of special authorizations to either all roadcrew workers, or at the very least roadcrew workers that they trust.

Reaction score
I don't want my car booted and taken away 24/7 just because someone bumped into it. The reason why it states to be authorized by PD is to ensure not every single car in perp gets taken. And in the time of a raid a RC rolls by when they just started, swoops the vehicle and you are fucked. Same goes for the boot.
It is VERY realistic for a person who owns the properties (GOV) to call Roadcrew to impound it and not just a roadcrew driving around to take a vehicle (which is against state laws) as they need permission from the property owners to tow.

This is a no from me as it will literally increase the amount of booted and impounded cars significantly due to little PUSHES, on the line, and more stuff RC already tries to get your car away from you for.

-support

Reaction score
or a camera system for RC that stores pictures of impounded cars and if it is done unlawfully a person can sign a complaint and get an officer to RC station to unimpound it?

Reaction score
-support gives the legal thief's i mean road crew more power to abuse and use

Reaction score
because someone bumped into it
Maybe parking brakes should be better in general. Or people should be more aware of a car wreck that happened in their own parking lot. Traffic cones and other props are an amazing indicator of a vehicle that's wrecked or bumped into. Which the rc is even more promoted to take care of cars in this scenario.

While I'm in full support of making people way too angry over a video game, I actually do think defining what road crew members CAN tow/boot should be done instead. RC should be able to tow or boot vehicles that inhibit either vehicle or foot traffic, even without permission. RC aren't privatized, they are part of the government. There should be SOME authority here. As for other illegal parking instances, this is up for debate. Especially since nudging a vehicle can make a car easily illegally parked, and puts too much responsibility on the owner of the vehicle in these cases. Having to go through the boot n pay process just cause some wackjob bumped into your cars is pretty wacky, and the most ideal headache for any perp player.

Maybe a requirement to contact the owner of the vehicle (and the ability to do so!) and a set amount of time if illegally parked in a non-inhibiting area? /shrug

Reaction score
here is a suggestion
have rc take picture's of all car's towed or clamped i litterly have a 10GB file filled with proof photo's from my time in the plpd

Status
Not open for further replies.