9.8 terrorism and bomb threats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: New law

What law do you wish to change/add: 9.8 terrorism and bomb threats

9.8 terrorism and bomb threats
a person is guilty of this offense if they have planned/attempted 5.5 and 7.8 to public and private Buildings,Roads,Vehicles with the intent of a ransom payment or other crime such as 10.1 and 9.2
Felony liable to 8 Years and a $10,000 fine

Mim

Reaction score
This is such a rare occurrence I don't think we needed a dedicated law for it. Like law 9.7, its there but used once in a blue moon and usually is covered by other laws.

If terrorism was such a problem in paralake I could back this law but the excuse that there are car-bombs and bombs all the time doesn't justify this. As far as I can personally say I haven't ever sat and complained that there's no law for terrorism as its already covered by section 9 and section 7.

Reaction score
This is such a rare occurrence I don't think we needed a dedicated law for it. Like law 9.7, its there but used once in a blue moon and usually is covered by other laws.

If terrorism was such a problem in paralake I could back this law but the excuse that there are car-bombs and bombs all the time doesn't justify this. As far as I can personally say I haven't ever sat and complained that there's no law for terrorism as its already covered by section 9 and section 7.
i reckon a harsher punishment for car bomb's wouldnt be a bad thing

Mim

Reaction score
i reckon a harsher punishment for car bomb's wouldnt be a bad thing
There are already punishments that are harsh enough, if it doesn't hurt people then why should they be punished for it? This law just looks like a law that you want because the 6 years for detonation and 8 years for it harming someone isn't enough?

The cases where bombs go off, if no-one is hurt or killed then I feel bad for the person with the bomb. They shouldn't be punished as harshly. That's like charging someone for attempted murder for 10years 10k because they had the intent to kill someone.

It is a pointless addition to the penal code when its already covered. Punishments are enough. If there weren't laws already in place to combat this I would agree but unfortunately, there is.

Reaction score
Bomb threats are already in violation of 7.2, 9.3, 6.7, and 11.1 as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.