911 Call System and Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well Im typing this at work and shouldn't but please don't be a grammar Nazi.

While im Police Chief I keep getting 911 Calls for paramedics and fire fighters and road crew. I would like to suggest that we have a automated system to press 1 for police and 2 for ambulance and so on. Then you get taken to that service and the first person to join is always on call. This system is in place currently in Australia and this takes you to your emergency service of choice. This in the server will free me up more as I get calls for cars needing repair and that is not what a Chief is for. If lets say this gets approved the police can then ticket or arrest serious offenders who abuse the 911 call system.

I think that a Chief shouldn't manage anyone other than the police force. If this is viewed as a Chief should then please give us the power to demote other services as the Mayor is not 100% reliable.

Another item that would be nice is seperating the emergency service radios and having a Vehicle radio. If you could keep all services radios separate from one another this would be nice and RP. But if you are in your police car you can direct traffic to any other emergency services vehicle radio. It would only work if your near the car or in the car. This would simulate when officers or other responders need to call in additional services.

I can give a real life example, While I am performing my fire fighting duties my radio on my person is only linked to my crew and to other fire fighting crews and vehicles in the area. If we require other services we go to our truck and radio them in, or our Capt has a mobile radio back to HQ to call them in. This keeps the radio specific to our needs at all times. As I do this in real life it would be a big help to have this in the game as there is to much non mission critical chatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.