Police Suggestion 911 Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Stop sending every 911 call to one person who holds a high rank. There is currently pretty much 100 players on the server everyday and a lot of them choose to call the number which means the person who is targeted by the server to answer them just gets non-stop phone calls. I suggest either reverting it to how it was where only calls would go through when dispatch is on or gives the calls to Corporals and Sergeants as well.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Allow higher ranks to actually respond and deal with situation without a constant ring tone. People would also have more of a chance of getting a response as more people can answer the phone.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: Lower ranks might be less experienced so may not take the 911 calls seriously.

Other additions: N/A

Reaction score
Currently it selects the highest rank available so to avoid this for now you could technically set yourself as busy, though this is not a great permanent solution, it would probably be best to just make it randomly select any CPL and higher and if no CPL is on to just select anyone?

Reaction score
  • Staff
Have you tried marking yourself as busy when you are busy?
Yeah I do it sometimes but then no one answers them at all. So was wondering if it could distribute the calls fairly to anyone over the rank of Corporal? If possible.

Reaction score
Have you tried marking yourself as busy when you are busy?
I have, many times, yet I still end up the first in line for 911 calls.

Because of how stupid the phone UI is I’ll be in a shootout as TFU and 1/3rd of my screen will be swallowed by the phone.

Reaction score
Would be great if there was more emphasis on using the 911 text function as it is immensely more useful for both officers and citizens, and doesn't waste an individual CPL+'s time when they are likely to be otherwise occupied.

Reaction score
Alternatively we could block the calls completely when the Officer has a firearm in their hands?
This would be useful as it is way too easy to exposed/killed during a raid or sting operation because someone is spamming the 911 call function

Status
Not open for further replies.