Community Suggestion A game wiki page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: A game wiki page
Suggestion Description: An actual PERP wiki could be extremely useful for offline research and contribution work for those interested in it, for the mere crafting aspect alone a wiki can be a godsend when you're doing grind and thinking on what to restock your Bazaar store with the next time you hop on.

I've found out that there was a wiki at one point, but the page is no longer accessible. It strikes me a bit odd considering that Perpheads has been a staple DarkRP server for so long, yet there are limited amount of tools at the disposal of new players and returning ones that can help in re-learning many of the core mechanics, elements, aspects of the RP.

PERP also has a fair bit of its own unique terminology and jargon, along with fine lines of law and server rules which can be used against new and uninformed players, for which the wiki can help with new players understand nuances of the game much easier than risk being trolled or taken advantage over by more experienced and/or toxic players.

Why should this be added?:
A game wiki could provide all members with valuable information.

The wiki can offer more in-depth knowledge when it comes to crafting, for example material purchase locations.

Each job can use their own dedicated page to teach players about the duties, equipment, guides on how certain equipment works best etc.

A comprehensive catalogue for cars and their specifics would help immensely when making such a large purchase and following investment of tune-ups.

The wiki can offer information in deterring toxic player activity by teaching how to properly report and have necessary evidence against such behavior and actions.

What negatives could this have?:
Wiki page editing should be limited to administration of the site, as the spread of false information and trolling can be detrimental. This could be prevented in admins having the final say in what possible user submitted changes are included along with any administrator dictated alterations to the text, there could even be further incentive for players to submit completely credible and helpful information with in-game rewards.

Keeping the wiki up-to-date can become a tedious process as new changes and additions are included in the game.

Considering the amount of content and detail in Perpheads, maintaining the wiki can become a daunting task.

Reaction score
Best bet is for a community member to pop one up, much like the other community-hosted resources like paralakecars.shop. Setting up a MediaWiki instance is pretty straightforward for anyone who cares enough to. I run one for a small game, have thought about it but ultimately I think the information for this server is represented well enough in-game and at help.perpheads.com. The more obscure information can be asked and answered by the community, which helps build relationships instead of everyone just saying "check wiki"

Status
Not open for further replies.