Server Suggestion Ability to have melee weapons in passive stance

Deleted member 5577

This is a great idea, it’s a bit annoying once clicking on the knife you’re pretty much committed to slashing at someone it could also allow you to be a bit more discrete with your threats which would hopefully benefit actual criminalRP rather than cops v robbers base defence extreme 2021

Reaction score
This would also solve one of those problems where you accidentally slash someone into the back instead of taking your fists out when all you wanted to do is push them away. Yeah, we sometimes have Alzheimers and forget that we carry melee weapons.

Reaction score
This would also solve one of those problems where you accidentally slash someone into the back instead of taking your fists out when all you wanted to do is push them away. Yeah, we sometimes have Alzheimers and forget that we carry melee weapons.
Callback to Kenneth Walker the Wheelchair Man where I pull out a machete and accidentally slash a guy next to me when trying to push him away.

Reaction score
I’d rather see a switchblade melee be added with the unique ability to hold it in passive.

The idea behind melee weapons are they should be quick to draw which gives them advantages over guns, faffing about with passive / active after pulling a knife would be annoying.

Reaction score
I’d rather see a switchblade melee be added with the unique ability to hold it in passive.

The idea behind melee weapons are they should be quick to draw which gives them advantages over guns, faffing about with passive / active after pulling a knife would be annoying.
easy fix would be to make the animation from passive to attack 2x faster

Reaction score
easy fix would be to make the animation from passive to attack 2x faster
Yes, because there is literally no pre-attack indicator in this clip. at least make it fair by slowing down the time it takes to get it ready, cause right now you could literally just equip a knife, stab someone in the ass while they're facing the other way, swap back to your fists in less than a second and look the other way and pretend it wasn't you.

I had literally no reaction time, even with a gun in hand. How is this in any way fair?
Passive > Attack stance should be faster than ordinary guns though, yes.

Reaction score
What negatives could this have? (cons):
- It takes longer to stab people (this is also a pro tbh)
bump from the dead

I would only see this as a con if you pull out a melee weapon and it goes into passive stance first and then attack stance, melee weapons are already underutilized because a firearm sometimes can get the job done way better as you can basically just take the shot but with melee weapons you have to wait for the right opening before you strike.