Server Suggestion Able to take DNA on Disconnected Bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Able to take DNA on Disconnected Bodies.
Suggestion Description: Make it able so you're able to still take DNA . This is because when someone disconnects we lose evidence and we never know who kill the dead individual and it is a mystery to us. Therefore it would be great to take DNA on whoever disconnects while being dead or alive.

Why should this be added?:
- Gives us information and we don't lose anything.
- It doesn't give us mysterys on who killed them.
- It will avoid people being arrested because people may be blamed.

What negatives could this have?:
- It will get more people arrested for Murder ( Which people dislike )
- It will be harder to avoid being arrested knowing that you can take DNA on disconnected bodies.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: This solves the issue of taking DNA.

Reaction score
if this were possible I feel like it’d be done by now but I’m upvoting on hopes that it can become possible.

Reaction score
The amount of times cops and medics get mad at not being able to take DNA cause of the player leaving is insane. In my opinion, DNA instead of being stored the entire time should be removed an hour after the player leaves to make sure the person gets questioned and persecuted. I support.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Able to take DNA on Disconnected Bodies.
Suggestion Description: Make it able so you're able to still take DNA . This is because when someone disconnects we lose evidence and we never know who kill the dead individual and it is a mystery to us. Therefore it would be great to take DNA on whoever disconnects while being dead or alive.

Why should this be added?:
- Gives us information and we don't lose anything.
- It doesn't give us mysterys on who killed them.
- It will avoid people being arrested because people may be blamed.

What negatives could this have?:
- It will get more people arrested for Murder ( Which people dislike )
- It will be harder to avoid being arrested knowing that you can take DNA on disconnected bodies.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: This solves the issue of taking DNA.
would like to see this bc most ppl that die are sweaters, and they always either rage quit or just disconnect to avoid the death timer

Reaction score
I believe this still should be implemented due to the times of people disconnecting from the game which loses evidence that can bring officers information to catch a suspect

Reaction score
If I recall before I was a developer Muffin looked into this and said it was impossible, I'll take a second check but cant promise anything

Reaction score
If I recall before I was a developer Muffin looked into this and said it was impossible, I'll take a second check but cant promise anything
Never did gmod development but wouldn't be as simple as using the player d/c hook and checking if they had any corpses associated with them, then simply input that information into a table?
Whatever is checking the DNA would need a bit of a rewrite potentially but I wouldn't think it is literally impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.