Server Suggestion Add a extra courier slot

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Add a extra courier slot
Suggestion Description: The job is quite busy so adding a extra slot that the Mayor can set up to would be a huge help and result in faster deliveries especially with the slower vehicles and sometimes overwhelming amount of parcels to deliver. Just don't allow only one courier as part of this as this would be a terrible idea.

Why should this be added?:
- Faster deliveries
- More people can play the job

What negatives could this have?:
- Not that I know of tbh.. 

The courier job has definitely been more busy in the last few days than I’ve ever seen before, and I think that adding a third slot would help out tremendously. I tried placing an order yesterday peak time and it said there are too many orders so I went and noclipped to the Temu warehouse and there was parcels alllll over the place covering the entire floor.

Can imagine that it’s a lot of stress so again, adding an extra slot could prove useful

Just to add on as well, I was playing Courier for a couple hours the other day so after being in the position, I can have say that this has been annoying for couriers and customers when things aren't going as smoothly as they'd wish. To get fast deliveries done to meet good satisfaction and people to rely on the service more, I would have to break several traffic laws.

Especially how courier is a fraction of its delivery speed due to the starter van being half the slots. Def needed.

1+ I'm playing as courier as we speak and There is so many backed up orders with only 2 people

If there is more slots then I hope it doesn't affect the amount of money you receive when completing a delivery. Currently when you are a solo courier you get 10% of the order price. When there is 2 of you, you only get 5% of the order price (Unless you actually share the money, not sure on that one).

I agree with having more slots
but without affecting how much money you receive for the delivery. If it affects the amount of money with "splitting it" between 3 then you would only receive 3.33% of the order price. (Split in quotation marks due to not actually sharing money on others' deliveries- I believe)

EDIT: If I am wrong on the amount of money received please correct me.

I dont agree, I think 2 is far more than enough. Most of the time packages dont spawn fast enough with two couriers.. heck even one courier. Half the time im sitting in the warehouse like this waiting for packages to spawn https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/496836317766746123/1133522007376539688/image.png (I was sitting there afk for 7 minutes with no package from Player or NPC after delivering the ones I had.)

1690326412666.png
If the packages were to spawn faster, then maybe. Then comes the pay downgrade, instead of delivering a package for 20k and receiving 2k, 2 couriers make it 1k, 3 couriers 666, ect. It would make people want to play it even less than they do currently. Since couriers don't have designated areas to park, if you get in trouble for trying to park closer in a no park zone, the 600 dollars doesn't seem worth it anymore especially since most player made packages range from a payment of $40-2k (divide that by three).

No park zones also make courier take longer, which is the main issue. If you were to replace all No park zones with courier only parking "all others will be towed" signs it would make courier faster at delivering since they no longer need to park half the map away and run it on foot.(it would keep the no parking tow zone but allow government couriers to park for 2 seconds to deliver a package)
1690323649587.png1690325129859.png
This sign exchange for the no parking zones would speed up courier delivery which is one thing people complain about the most.(albeit I get angry calls from players literally the second they put a order in thinking it just spawns in your van while ur driving) I had a player in suburbs make a order right in front of me then ask for their package....

Something that also makes couriers take longer is multiple NPC packages to the same place. For example we cant combine two chaddys packages, so we have to run two blocks on foot for each package to and from the store. If we could combine them we would only have to make the trek once. You could add more movement speed to courier so when we have to run that far on foot its not as bad?

Another QOL thing would be a list on our screen that is small(moveable) but shows all the locations on the packages in our vehicle so we can figure out the fastest route without having to go into the back and read the boxes with the half cut off text ending in dots. You could also opt to give the people waiting for delivery a GPS location of their package like the red dots we get for delivery, but they have one showing where we are so they don't get angry waiting thinking you aren't on the way with their package.

You could try to make jumping in and out of the vehicle for packages less glitchy? make it so we can access them outside of the van? Ive gotten trapped multiple times inside of the back of the van trying to grab a package.

I think courier is fine how it is now with its slots, it just needs QOL added via signs and probably coding for combining NPC packages together(or letting us hold two packages in our hand) and it would be a lot faster for players that are waiting on a package.

edit: I've heard about a speed upgrade for vehicles(I don't know if its actually a thing as I ONLY play courier and nothing else) maybe give special couriers that if it exists instead of that god awful van that u cant see past when driving, is slower than the rest of the vehicles provided and no-one ever uses(including myself).

Last edited: