Add air patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How about you guys add some helicopters to the game for the police officers so they can find the target faster that would be so awsome .. you can add the helipad on top of pd

Reaction score
While we're at it why don't we make airplanes with an airport...

Garry's mod has limitations. The map has limitations mostly... It wouldn't work even if the community would be up for that...

Besides, do you imagine the pd raiding you from top of slums or projex??? Them just raiding office by landing on top...

Reaction score
you can add the helipad on top of pd
Realistically I don't think the PD building can hold so much weight. What Tilin said is right, It won't be possible and it causes a lot of lag probably. Maybe with GMOD2 or SANDbox we can think about this idea ; )

Besides this all, Please use the template

Reaction score
Wont be possible with the map limits. And if it were added there will always be idiots who will never understand how to fly and crash it everywhere which will create lagg. Think of where they will land with all the signs and trees. Or just on top of people

Reaction score
Trust me air vehicles are not something we want to have implemented. I myself have gone of single player and flew around with WAC Aircraft and I usually crash into an invisible wall. And plus it would be aids as they cant take a while to get used to and I think you would find helicopter crashes to become the norm. Also, we already have enough aids flying around currently. :troll:

Reaction score
I mean helicopters can only be deployed when there is a chase or police raid not can be spawned in any second and needs a lot of tests and experience

Reaction score
The map isn't made with aircraft in mind. This being said, helicopters won't become a thing unless S&B is released, and that's a big IF.
No, there won't be helicopters with the current engine we're using, and sure you could whitelist specific people who have experience flying aircraft in-game, but my statement stays the same, game just isn't made for aircraft.

Sounds cool'n all, but you've gotta think realistically.
I've flown a fuck ton of times in some of the WAC aircraft there is, and I'm more competent in flying helicopters than I am in planes, but that's with literally 0 ping, imagine a lagspike, you're fucked and you've probably killed your entire crew inside that helicopter + more on the ground.
120 ping is manageable but only just, and even then the best aircraft pack there is at the moment, being WAC, isn't bug free. Main rotors break on seemingly no-contact with anything or a player standing underneath the craft and away from the rotors, etc.

If you thought car drivers were bad on this server, I'm terrified to know what helicopter pilots will be like.

It doesn't matter what circumstances a helicopter is being deployed under, it's about ping, experience and map limitations.
None of those criterias are met at the moment, ping is a problem, people with experience flying aircraft with that type of control scheme is next to none, and map limitations is just another middle finger.

Reaction score
Locked.

The thread dosen't follow to templete.

Please read through the posting rules (Link) and the templete (Link) before you make a suggestion.

Also make sure that you post it in the right section depending if it is a discussion post or the actuall suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.