Server Suggestion Add an NPC to get 200 Prop limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Add an NPC to get 200 Prop limit
Suggestion Description: Since there are a lot of people, me included, that want to make structures or shops that require more than the forty prop limit; there should be a whitelist added for people that want to make such things, for example;

If you join and spawn in the City Hall, you can go inside and talk to one of the NPC's to request more prop access. The NPC will prompt you to fill out a form of your idea, SteamID, etc. After a staff member reviews it, you get access to the two-hundred prop limit. As well as that, you can go back to said NPC and request the two-hundred prop limit to be removed so that if you want to grow drugs or do illegal activities ( I realized this after I thought it was a good idea to grow while I had my gas station up ) the NPC will remove the limit and you can go about your day.

Another example would be that the NPC will be at the Scrapyard or another place where people rarely go to; maybe it can even be at the NPC where you buy materials from? This NPC can also add a double purpose; if someone had a community spotlight they can go there and obtain their reward ( last time I checked people can get $50,000 for example for a community spotlight )

Down below I will add an image that shows a belligerent drunk that entered my gas station, drank a beer, and threw it at a car, who doesn't want that?

Why should this be added?:
1. More role-play opportunities.
2. More people join earlier ( they don't need to ask for staff for the rank ) to set up their idea.
3. Introduces more things new players can visit.
4. Creativity.

What negatives could this have?:
1. People might be able to abuse this rank, setting up contraptions to cause lag for example.
2. People might be able to use this to make bigger bases that they can turn into something that turns unraidable(?)
3. People can make unrealistic structures.

Useful Images: https://i.gyazo.com/d7a050078e076f976bc9171b70e9621f.png

Reaction score
What's the point of this when you can just make a report to request an extended prop limit? Senior moderators and above can give people extended props.

Reaction score
What's the point of this when you can just make a report to request an extended prop limit? Senior moderators and above can give people extended props.
In the morning they're most likely not online, I've had times where there were only Moderators and below on the server the times I played.

Reaction score
Personally I think it would be nice to have it so you can get the prop limit increased and it would prevent you from taking out things like chemical tables, and anything drug related

Reaction score
Personally I think it would be nice to have it so you can get the prop limit increased and it would prevent you from taking out things like chemical tables, and anything drug related
Sure, but since people wanna do this and that it'd be nice to be able to get rid of it with one click and get it back with one click.

Reaction score

This is already a thing.

Reaction score
In the morning they're most likely not online, I've had times where there were only Moderators and below on the server the times I played.
Part of the process of it requiring someone on the server approving is that they keep an eye out to make sure it’s actually being used properly. Most times I’ve been on the server, there is usually someone above senior moderator on anyway. Maybe we could consider lowering the approval rank to moderator if this is a big issue but that will require a discussion between devs and the administration team.

Reaction score
Part of the process of it requiring someone on the server approving is that they keep an eye out to make sure it’s actually being used properly. Most times I’ve been on the server, there is usually someone above senior moderator on anyway. Maybe we could consider lowering the approval rank to moderator if this is a big issue but that will require a discussion between devs and the administration team.
That might be a good solution.

Reaction score
I don't understand why the staff is literally trying to think of something so they do not add what the suggestion says. Why give someone with lower rank the power of approving such things when it can easily be abused at any time, it also just wastes the time of the staff. Isn't it better for Senior Admins/ Community managers to just approve who is good for said list and add them, end of story.

Reaction score
I think that displays the whole point of the way it works currently. Sure on paper it's good to have that ability but that opens doors for whitelisted players to forget their props, act belligerent or worst of all abuse it totally with no senior moderator supervision which is destructive and wreckless.

Status
Not open for further replies.