Add an "Open Link" button to links in text chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: When a user clicks on a message, they can copy the message. Add a feature to automatically open it in the steam browser when clicking.

Why should this be added? (pros): Sometimes images are used in roleplay and this would increase the flow of roleplay. Also fun to watch videos people post.

What negatives could this have? (cons): It can be seen as pretty useless so why would someone want to code it in. You'd also need to have a way of recognizing links with regex

*Other additions: This seems to already be implemented with things like "apply for police" or "make a complaint" in dialogue boxes so I don't think it should be too difficult to implement. I understand that it's a minor change, but it'd make images and videos easier.

1595602983495.png

Reaction score
My Initial thought was that this could make malicious links easier to share but then I realised that you could quite as easily get people onto a malicious link with or without this so I support it.

Reaction score
It does become pretty annoying as well having to delete the text just to open a link within the same message, god bless those who send the link in a separate message.

Reaction score
But it wouldn’t make a difference? All this does is speed up the process of opening the link and if you’re copying and pasting an IP grabber, your IP will get grabbed either way

Reaction score
@DJ Conyo Most IP's now are Dynamic, so you'd have around 24 hours, give or take, to do anything. Even then, SOME people are smart enough to know what to do If someone grabs your IP.

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson highly depends on the ISP, my lease is like two weeks. but even then, if two people click on a grabify your chances of doing anything malicious aer already hindered

Reaction score
Don't use this. You're allowing a practically brandless browser extension access to litteraly all your internet traffic. Their android apps were exposed for data mining. Using a free VPN in 99% of casees is a security and or privacy hazard.

If you're not paying for it, you are the product.

Reaction score
i have all ur ips thanks to the minecraft servers anyways, so grabify isn't an issue!
nah but if you dont trust a link, just don't click it. It would be nice to view .mp4 links which most links in OOC are anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.