Map Suggestion Add shoulders to highway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Add shoulders to highway
Suggestion Description: As the title says. Add shoulders to the highway, where it is possible to do so.

Why should this be added?:
Would be useful as it would increase the size of the road, making police duties more interesting, would allow traffic flow even when 2 lanes are taken up and lastly, it would give criminals a chance to escape the spike strips.

What negatives could this have?:
It will drastically increase the size of the highway, making it feel ever emptier. It would also mean some things would need to be moved

Reaction score
vluchtstrook in dutch
Considering I know understand what it actually is. I’ll leave a + support. At some areas it could be beneficial. Also could cause less crashes because people have an extra lane to go into.

Reaction score
But will this also come with a new law? Irl (in NL) you’re not allowed to overtake peeps using this lane.

Reaction score
The last I checked, the map is already nearing its brush/entity limit, so adding an extra lane might be an issue in that regard, not to mention the increased space requirements (no space on city bridge highway, parker tunnel, etc.)

Paralake drivers are already terrible and reckless, you expect them to only use the shoulders for emergencies?

Reaction score
There is no need for that, as the police will still be required to pull someone over at a safe parking spot or i.e. the breakdown zone, and they will still not use the shoulders to set up speedtraps, as it is way too dangerous, and I assure you people will randomly crash into every car stationary on the hway shoulder just for fun, the same way that when there is a mini cooper passing by cones at h-way it will bash into it 100%. Plus threre is seriously no space for that anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.