Adding 3.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: Add

What law do you wish to change/add:

Right to reason for detainment/arrest/ticket
Anyone who is detained, arrested or ticketed by a LEO has the right to know the reason for such.

Why should this change/addition be made:
I have had many scenarios when I am being arrested and I genuinely do not know the reason. Most of the time, I ask them for the reason and they say that "there is no law making us give you that information". This makes it hard for people to fight charges from a legal standpoint, so i'm proposing this law be added but maybe with better wording.

What is the aim of this change/addition: To make it so that people are able to know the reason for their arrest.

Reaction score
Want to hear something cool? When you get ticketed or put to jail, officers have to provide a reason with that punishment. A lot of the times cops won't tell you what it is about because it is obvious, or they could risk your friends break you out. Tell someone they are going in for over 7 years, and you are sure to face some person with a weapon before you reach the PD.

This isn't really needed, in my opinion. They have to give you a reason before the punishment anyways.

M

Reaction score
This will be incorporated in our SOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.