Police Suggestion Addition to unmarked traffic cars

Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Add text signs to the rear window of unmarked cars. These could be identical to the ones currently on the light bar of every other vehicle, but just reshaped.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
  • Allows unmarked cars to direct traffic with directional arrows on RTCs.
  • Unmarked cars, generally more involved in traffic situations such as traffic stops (follow me) and police checkpoints as the signs aid with this.
What potential negatives could this have for the department:
  • Officers could be more easily identified, although people are probably going to spot the officers inside the vehicle before the sign.
Other additions:
  • Allow custom text to be inputted on the display
Eu-xyIhXYAEsLJS

Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Add text signs to the rear window of unmarked cars. These could be identical to the ones currently on the light bar of every other vehicle, but just reshaped.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
  • Allows unmarked cars to direct traffic with directional arrows on RTCs.
  • Unmarked cars, generally more involved in traffic situations such as traffic stops (follow me) and police checkpoints as the signs aid with this.
What potential negatives could this have for the department:
  • Officers could be more easily identified, although people are probably going to spot the officers inside the vehicle before the sign.
Other additions:
  • Allow custom text to be inputted on the display
Eu-xyIhXYAEsLJS
Definitely needed especially with how much people are using Unmarked vehicles recently. Would be a great addition

Reaction score
yes this is deffo needed it would also make my job [being a criminal] easier

Reaction score
This is a good addition however I believe it should have a function where it can be hidden, maybe with a keybind or in the police computer. The point of the unmarked cars is to be more discreet, adding this is just another way for civs to identify an unmarked car.

Reaction score
finally I can pretend to be in one of the vehicles on Traffic Cops

in all honesty I'd love for this to be added, but whatever happened to the LED billboards/dot matrix warning signs that were going to be added?

Sam

Reaction score
The big question here is, is it worth it? You can't really see the current signs from a distance, and when going fast you'll miss them.

Reaction score
The big question here is, is it worth it? You can't really see the current signs from a distance, and when going fast you'll miss them.
I believe it's still worth implementing. Not all people will be going superfast past the unmarked car, and it just makes for more interesting roleplay scenarios such as checkpoints, and RTCs. It would be even cooler if you could input custom text. I personally find it to be pretty useful on the current marked cars, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be as beneficial on unmarked cars too.

Reaction score
I think this would be possible by not doing it lengthwise like the lightbar does but a bigger rectangular shape that has only 1 big word in red saying "STOP" or "FOLLOW", also enough space for a arrow animation. Our unmarked vehicles have this on the rear window that's hidden and drives itself up from the trunk to reveal itself. Example in pic is different but the words would be more readable than the small lightbar text we currently have.

26628011-ein-ziv-3yyH8QD8XFe9.jpg