Police Suggestion Unmarked cars additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
Adding the badge number license plate to the PD's unmarked cars. On top of this, the Paint on the unmarked should vary between matte, gloss, and standard. Alongside this, every so often, the models of what the unmarked car is should change to keep people guessing. Its basically a new meta knowing which cars are police cars not because you see the officer driving it, but because of its model and matte paint scheme.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
Adding the license plates would do good as the other day, I witnessed an RTU officer splatter someone on a pavement whilst responding to a shootout without even in the slightest taking any form of consideration to the person he ran over, which led to the person having his equipped items stolen. During this time, the officer had no name tag above his head and didn't speak so I couldn't identify the officer, nor could I make a report as there were no staff online at the time. This evil man is going to get away with his crimes as I cannot pin any evidence against him without digging through a demo and I don't care enough to dig through demo's.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- Less incognito from behind. (not that people actually fall for unmarked cars anyways lmao)
- Work changing the cars every few months.

Reaction score
Police Computer -> Employees -> See which officer is driving the only unmarked vehicle

Although it's not a bad idea to add other paint styles

Reaction score
  • Staff
Implying anyone has ever fallen for an unmarked car, lmfao, just look for any european car with default trims and a matte colour literally no one ever has believed is not a government vehicle.

Deleted member 5193

Quite a few people have been unaware of unmarked cars when I've been driving them, mostly because it’s less noticeable on the road compared to a fully marked cop car with a light bar on top. People definitely know what the unmarked cars are, but often don’t pay as much attention to civilian vehicles.

Reaction score
PLPD silently revolving the models of police cars, and changing about the styles is brilliant. Keep people guessing.

But the main problem is seeing officers inside the cars, often deterring anyone and making them exposed.

Reaction score
License plate idea: Denied
The other ones a ill put on a list with possible ideas for IT

Status
Not open for further replies.