Unmarked Police Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic:
Unmarked police cars.

Short explanation:

An unmarked police car model can stop people acting sensibly in front of LEOs on the roads.

Detailed Explaination (why it should be added)
It's not an unknown fact that citizens slow down, obey traffic laws and stay still at red lights when they see a police car - both in PERP and real-life. This is why an unmarked police car model(s) can make the roads of Paralake City™ even safer!

The unmarked police car could be available for only speed enforcers or VIP members in the police force, and it can be selected like any other VIP police vehicle can. Some people may think that people will soon recognise an unmarked police car and act the same way they would towards a normal police car. Well, this is why there should be some kind of random car selector, almost like a lottery, where the game automatically choses a car model to make into an unmarked car. There should be a pool of possible cars picked out to be able to be used as a unmarked car that can be spawned in when the player choses to. Obviously, the car selections need to be as fast as a normal police car, or even faster, but shouldn't be a high end car like a Lamborghini.

Optional Addons
-The unmarked car will still have lights and sirens, but the lights are behind the grill of the car so no one can see them until they are lit up.

- The job of the officer in an unmarked car is like a hybrid between a normal officer and the speed enforcer. They can respond to calls and emergencies, but they mainly patrol the roads, making sure the road laws are being respected.

Thanks for your time, feedback is much appreciated. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would really like to see this added i also think they should not have guns like speed enforcer so there not op. but being able to pull over people who would skip red lights when there's no cop there would be busted because of this undercover police car. so +support

Reaction score
+Support I like the idea behind the idea. This will help traffic rules not being violated so easy. Citizens will drive more careful and this adds to the in-game realism experience. It's different to have in mind for police cars only instead of undecover police cars around the city. It's someway (not the best, but it's something) of fixing the driving in the city because we have all seen some mad guy driving with 70MPH infront of the City Hall.

Reaction score
The problem with this is that
A) we would have to define emergency light positions for every single car that can be used
B) if we only have a limited amount of cars it's going to be too obvious
C) People can still see whether or not the person driving the car is a police officer.

Reaction score
-Support
I wouldn't want to see this added if it was a regular officer, because, think of it this way, IRL, yes, you have plainclothes police and unmarked cars, even in the UK. however, then most people would attempt to be undercover police, and that idea has been denied already AFAIK, also, if people behave around the police cars, isn't that a good thing? It is fear conditioning, but it works IRL and IG. Besides, there are plenty better uses for an unmarked police cruiser than damn traffic stops, that would also give the vehicle away, would it not? Also, it couldn't be the same unmarked car all the time, there would have to be several, and the amount of time it would take for developers to get a decent lights system for each car, even strobe lights, like on the Police LT car, would take a while to set up. It is a cool idea in concept, but I could not see it working.

Reaction score
+support and here's my addition: it should be a random car out of about 4 in a common realistic color: white, black, almost black, navy black, silver, dark silver, desert brown (http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/47317501.jpg), navy blue, dark red, maroon and maybe dark green. Why is it so important? Look here
stock-footage-dallas-texas-usa-may-busy-rush-hour-traffic-on-central-expressway-freeway-highway-on-may.jpg

As you see, most cars in real life are in the shades of white, black, silver, red and navy blue, while in perp we have bright red, green and blue cars sometimes because of ugly or unrealistic default colors. And people don't have a sense of color, but that's another thing (especially bright green Mazda owners).
There's no point in making the color selection random unless you want to eventually get a neon pink undercover car. The text above was to suggest default colors.

Another important thing - it can be a second car for speed enforcement (yay, the second spd enforcer will finally have a purpose), and spd enforcement officers who spawn a high speed cruiser should have safety vests (already suggested, I believe), while those who spawn an unmarked cruiser should have a safety vest in their inventory so that they can take them on and off. Oh, and no hat for both.

By the way, if you set the color in source engine to something like 500 500 0 instead of 255 255 0, it will look neon. I don't know if it is possible when making textures or only when changing the color in Gmod, but it's a good way to make road cones and safety vests look as they should look.

Reaction score
The point of unmarked police cars is to be a face in a crowd to blend in arriving in a bright blue lambo is like walking into a org base waving your badge.

Support from me long as they are realistic and dont draw attention

Status
Not open for further replies.