Alchohol O'Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Alchohol O'Meter

Short explanation
- Small breathing tool, like defrilliator (paramedic tool), however it is worn by LEO's.
- Counts the ammount of alcohol in target's body.
- Tells the officer, how big a fine or eventually arrest, the target will get.

Detailed description (why should it become added)
It should be added along with Alchohol blips, as when you have been drinking a couple of beers or vodka with yer mates in the docks, after a long worktime on the ship, you would be affected by the alchohol and therefor get a blip saying 0.5%, 1.75% or likely.
If you manage to get stopped by the law enforcement, then they will most likely give you the reason "You're driving very mistakeful, so please breath in this pipe." - Basicly it counts the ammount of alcohol you have ,and if it breaks through the limit, then you will be issued a fine and possibly an arrest, if damage upon crashes towards people or objects has been done.

It should be noted that, your driving will be affected minor, equal to driving left a bit, right a bit, dizzy screen and stuff, however, when walking, you will be affected majorly compared to driving, due to the fact that you would cause CDM's on a monthly basis of what a regular person does.

[Little note, in Denmark, you can maximum have 0.5 promille, if higher, you will be under Illegal driving mode]

Optional additions:
- Adds up more realism
- You do not give a fine for people wandering legally when having a high promille, unless if they do break the laws, disturbing others or refusing to listen at LEO's.
- I included as much as I could, from my point of view by watching many police videos in denmark. :)

Reaction score
I agree with the idea, other then the fact this was stated "
You do not give a fine for people wandering legally when having a high promille, unless if they do break the laws, disturbing others or refusing to listen at LEO's."

In most places they have laws regarding being intoxicated in a public place, or being intoxicated and disorderly in a public place. I think that if the individual is showing clear signs of intoxication they should be arrested or at least questioned.

+support due to the fact there is no real way to tell if someone is drunk or not, unless you RP it out which doesn't happen often.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I like the creativity of this idea but I don't see how this would really benefit any roleplay experience consdiering the current drinking system.

Nobody drinks alcohol, let's be honest and when people actually do it lasts for a few seconds and the period of being drunk is short and normally ends up becoming quite boring and annoying.
This could possibly be changed and the alcohol system could be changed to cater for this "Alcohol Meter" but currently it's not going to work.

I don't really think this is going to get accepted, but it could be good if you figured out a work-around for the short amount of time being drunk and also the roleplay side of being drunk.

Currently the only way to be drunk is to roleplay it out using /me's and describe commands, I don't think that's going to change - for a while, atleast.

Deleted member 1235

I agree with what Ayjay has stated. People usually only drink for the bottles, and by the time they manage to get in their car and head to roughly the intersection its already nearly worn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.