Police Suggestion Allow RTU to remove 'Stolen' remarks off vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Allow RTU to remove 'Stolen' remarks off vehicles
Suggestion Description: So, considering that RTU have to go through a review every 6 months now, arguably raising the expected standards of being an RTU member. I don't see as to why RTU can't remove the 'stolen' remark off a vehicle?

Currently, you have to rely on a corporal+ to be able to do that but you're not always going to have them on duty. Sometimes even when they are on-duty, they are occupied with other duties, situations or may be afk/dead.

Why should this be added?:
- Allows RTU to more easily deal with stolen vehicles
- Don't have to rely on someone else to remove the remark
- Would mean that stolen remarks would be better up-to-date
- Gameplay of RTU would be more fluid, rather than waiting on someone else.

What negatives could this have?:
- Could be abused by having a remark incorrectly removed?

Reaction score
Considering we currently allow RTU to do police broadcasts, I can't imagine allowing them to archive stolen vehicle reports would be abused any more than that is currently, which, to my knowledge, is rarely.

Reaction score
Considering we currently allow RTU to do police broadcasts, I can't imagine allowing them to archive stolen vehicle reports would be abused any more than that is currently, which, to my knowledge, is rarely.
Very true. I also feel like because you can lose RTU due to negligence or abusing your resources, people tend to not minge on RTU.

They are the authority on road matters legally, it makes sense for them to remove it if its dealt with so we don't have someone shot because oh no there's no high ranking PD to remove it.
It's pretty inconvenient trying to get ahold of a supervisor to request this when you could deal with the situation a lot quicker - especially since you have to wait for the owner to retrieve the car first too, so it could take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.