Give RTU vehicle clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Previous suggestion was denied: https://perpheads.com/threads/adding-a-wheel-clamp-to-rtu.33139/
If this one is also denied, please can we have a reason why?

Description of the idea: Road traffic officers should have vehicle clamps in their trunk

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • People consistently drive around like maniacs and have no regard for 12.6 Vehicle maintenance or 12.12 Reckless driving. If roadcrew are unable to attend immediately then all cops can do is ticket the driver which is not enough of a deterrent for these filthy criminals.

• Being able to call an RTU unit to clamp a vehicle will prevent the vehicle being driven until roadcrew attend to impound it. You could make it so clamping it when no roadcrew are on will instantly impound.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • This could potentially be abused by officers which is why I suggest that it is RTU only. Perhaps you could go further and say officers can't request a vehicle be clamped by RTU but instead, vehicles can only be clamped if an RTO witnesses the crime and they decide to clamp it.

*Other additions: RTU Gang @Mim @Hayden @Tyla Jai

Edit: If you are going to downvote then give your opinion on why, this is a community and changes should be discussed before being implemented which is why the suggestions forum is a thing. Actually have a non-bias reason too, not just "i dont want my car being impounded cause i drift on intersection"

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea. It should have a progress bar though, the RC instant clamp is a little unrealistic. It should be removeable with a lockpick.

Reaction score
I downvoted this because I don’t want RTU to take away from RC. If this was only applicable when RC were not on duty I would be for it.

Reaction score

Similar suggestion already accepted in the PD area. I think RTU should be able to impound vehicles that aren't wrecked when no RC is on, but not sure about it if there are RC on because it sort of makes their job redundant. Maybe to mitigate this you could clamp any vehicle as RTU and if RC haven't manually towed it within 5 minutes then it automatically gets impounded. I get what you mean with vehicles being left on the highway, it is quite annoying especially when there aren't any roadcrew on.

Reaction score
As long as I don't get my car clamped for illegal parking or in advance because I'm a warranted suspect and they're about to raid a property where the car is located on I can see this being implemented. Usually it takes long for roadcrew to respond so having RTU clamp a vehicle in advance to stop someone from sneaking back into their vehicle is a nice addition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I downvoted this because I don’t want RTU to take away from RC. If this was only applicable when RC were not on duty I would be for it.
Clamping isn't really a big perk for RC though? Something like adding a police towtruck would take away from RC, but wheel clamping isn't really something that attracts players to the job.

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score

Similar suggestion already accepted in the PD area. I think RTU should be able to impound vehicles that aren't wrecked when no RC is on, but not sure about it if there are RC on because it sort of makes their job redundant. Maybe to mitigate this you could clamp any vehicle as RTU and if RC haven't manually towed it within 5 minutes then it automatically gets impounded. I get what you mean with vehicles being left on the highway, it is quite annoying especially when there aren't any roadcrew on.

It wouldn't necessarily make RC redundant as you would just clamp it and have to wait for RC to come tow it and impound it. The clamp just prevents the person jumping back in and driving off when you tell them you are impounding their vehicle.

There have been multiple occasions where I say "im impounding your car for reckless driving" and they say ok and get in their car and drive off because they know I can't actually stop them

Reaction score
I think you should only be able to clamp a vehicle and impound it if there is no RC available. Other than that, I see no problems with just leaving this job up to the RC that is on duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.