Almost insignificant change to 7.2 that really kinda bugs me

Reaction score

Is this a new law or a change to a current law: A small change.

What law do you wish to change:
7.2 Possession of Explosives and Incendiaries
It is illegal for a person to manufacture, possess, sell, or transport an explosive or incendiary device.

Misdemeanor - liable to 3 years maximum imprisonment, $3,000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

My version of the law stands as such

7.2 Possession of Explosives and Incendiaries
It is illegal for a person to manufacture, possess, sell, or transport an explosive or incendiary device.

Felony - liable to 3 years maximum imprisonment, $3,000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

Why should this change be made:
I mean its pretty much considered a terroristic offence to merely own an explosive device worldwide nowadays. Owning a device, such as a hand grenade or IED, which serves no other purpose rather than murder, vandalism, and arson should be considered a felony. Maybe also raise the punishments?

Typically anyone found or believed to possess an explosive device both on the server and in real life are subject to a full dynamic police response with heavily armed police officers and (if you live in the UK) The army will also be called in when an explosive device is found to ensure it is stable and safe to transport. An issue that costs a lot of time and money and because of this, Carrying an explosive should be considered a felony in my opinion due to this.

People with explosive devices have 2 and ONLY 2 intentions: To destroy property and kill and / or maim people in an explosion, or to sell or give it to someone with the intentions described previously.

The only real downside with this change is the fact that flashbangs come under this law, and despite not necessarily being considered a high risk item to the PLPD like a molotov, Grenade or IED, it'd come under the same charge and some people don't even know flashes are illegal, so they end up getting a felony charge for something they believed to be legal.

What is the aim of this change:
Owning an explosive device is a felony (or an equivalent to) in most established nations of the world and this change will help accurately reflect that.

Last edited: