Another Motorcycle Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/yes-another-motorcycle-suggestion.20527/
Main Idea:
Adding the SligWolf Motorcycle
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105144348

Full description of the idea: Adding a motorcycle to the game- This one's decent.

Why should it be added?:
So, before we start off, yes, I DO know that a lot of suggestions for motorcycles have been made, and have been denied. I've noticed that with all of those, a lot of things wrong with them are how they're either really unrealistic and awkward with their handling, that they can easily fit in places that cars shouldn't be in on the map, and that apparently motorcycles just "won't work with gmod"
Oh, and also we apparently only use TDMCars for our vehicle models. Care to explain the ambulance, then?
Thing is, this motorcycle I found doesn't have those problems. I'll be showing it below.

This motorcycle is around the same size as the mini cooper with it's sidecar (Which we can't remove properly, the sidecar still collides with stuff when we do) so it can't fit in stupid areas which we aren't supposed to put cars in, as shown below.
UsGanX.jpg

e82iqf.jpg

og7dti.jpg
aMOvlQ.jpg

HyaCTM.jpg

Thing is, one problem is that the hands aren't REALLY touching the handles, but is that really a problem? It's a really minor thing.
But anyway, in most cars you aren't touching the steering wheel. It's either in between the thingies connecting the outside of the wheel to the inside, or your wrists are being impaled by the steering wheel.
3iQykJ.jpg

iBl8fJ.jpg
wLCIO6.jpg

And sure, we would need to add some laws to go with the motorcycle, but this would add some more RP to the server, as people would be able to RP as a motorcycle club/gang without getting instantly shot down because we don't have actual motorcycles in the server. This would fix that problem.

Thing is, this might be a bit of a pain for the owners to do, as they'd have to modify the handling, speed, etc. But in the end it would be worth it, as we'd have a new, interesting mode of transport, and also some decent RP coming from it as a result.

Pros: Motorcycle Club RP
New mode of transportation
More variety to what you see on the streets

Cons: Hands not REALLY touching the handlebars that much
Might be a pain in the ass
Some people are picky and dont like sidecarts

*Other additions: Maybe make it so that when people crash into things your character would ragdoll, much like when you jump out a speeding car on the game. That would solve @Minilarro 's problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No thanks. I don't want to see people driving between cops in pursuits because they are on a speedy bike thing.

Reaction score
that's the ugliest thing i've ever seen what would be the diffrence between that and mini cooper ???

Reaction score
Have you considered how these vehicles would act when hit by another car, crashing into other obstacles/etc? The cars can be rather bad regarding this, and I highly doubt it would be possible to sort it out in a good way. Not to mention that if motorcycles are ever to be added, I highly doubt it will be one type only where you are forced to have a cart on the side of it.

In addition, the Perpheads server generally doesn't use third party addons. Although it might be a different case for vehicles in general as they are modified a great deal and it's essentially only the looks and well, the car itself that is used. Although I can't say anything for sure regarding that due to the fact that there's only cars on the server. Apart from the little tricycle

Status
Not open for further replies.