Police Suggestion Assign all units - Dispatch

Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Add an "assign all units" button to the incident menu for Dispatchers.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: It would allow incidents to be assigned much more swiftly, allowing a faster and more effective response to any high-priority situations where a Dispatcher would need to manually assign all units.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: I cannot think of any, besides potential accidental executions of this function which could be dealt with internally.

Other additions: I have looked quite thoroughly to see if this has been suggested or not, the last one I can find is below. It was told that they would be considered but it appears no real change was enacted. Please correct me if this has been suggested recently and I've just missed it.

https://perpheads.com/threads/give-dispatcher-more-function-rework-dispatch.41525/

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't been Dispatcher after the update but this is something that has been missing from dispatch from quite a while, assigning units to a big situation is tedious and every little bit of time can make a different out come to a given situation.

I'd also prefer if we could select multiple units via holding CTRL if we don't want to assign every single unit if for example you have firefighters. Or via CTRL+A or Shift where it selects the row from the first point of selection if you ever used them in Windows before.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I haven't been Dispatcher after the update but this is something that has been missing from dispatch from quite a while, assigning units to a big situation is tedious and every little bit of time can make a different out come to a given situation.

I'd also prefer if we could select multiple units via holding CTRL if we don't want to assign every single unit if for example you have firefighters. Or via CTRL+A or Shift where it selects the row from the first point of selection if you ever used them in Windows before.
Certainly, not to mention divisions if possible, E.g. assign RTU to traffic incidents, TFU to hostage negotiations, etc.

BullyHunter

Communication Banned
Reaction score
It would also be amazing if they could see who is RTU, who is TFU, shit like that
I find it difficult to assign shit like 'impound this car' because I have to ask who is RTU n shit.

Would also be nice if the camera rotation was relative to the zoom %.

Reaction score
You can see who is on TFU, RTU when you first go on as a Dispatcher you should be checking and reorganising units etc. The colours of units also give a slight indication for example TFU are highlighted in Purple.

BullyHunter

Communication Banned
Reaction score
You can see who is on TFU, RTU when you first go on as a Dispatcher you should be checking and reorganising units etc. The colours of units also give a slight indication for example TFU are highlighted in Purple.
I don’t think you can see RTU.
As for seeing who is TFU, I meant who has the TFU Whitelist.

Reaction score
As long as it doesn't override for people already attached to incidents I support this

Reaction score
  • Staff
As long as it doesn't override for people already attached to incidents I support this
As much as I understand the frustration this may cause, that's kind of the point of it. It would only be utilised when all officers need to be diverted to an incident of high priority. If all units are already assigned to various traffic stops and the likes, that principle would make this feature useless.

Obviously this could be debatable in a case perhaps where there were two high-priority shootouts, for example, but they could be manually assigned in which case.

Reaction score
As much as I understand the frustration this may cause, that's kind of the point of it. It would only be utilised when all officers need to be diverted to an incident of high priority. If all units are already assigned to various traffic stops and the likes, that principle would make this feature useless.

Obviously this could be debatable in a case perhaps where there were two high-priority shootouts, for example, but they could be manually assigned in which case.
Just have to manually unassign then press? Or have two separate buttons. For example if I am a traffic officer searching for a stolen car I would not re-deploy to a shootout as its not my job and I would be very frustrated if I had to reassign myself to the original job

Reaction score
For example if I am a traffic officer searching for a stolen car I would not re-deploy to a shootout as its not my job and I would be very frustrated if I had to reassign myself to the original job
That example isn't too applicable in this case, a high-profile shootout would take priority over a stolen car and it's easier to assign all then re-assign the few that need it.

I do understand your point though. Perhaps upon clicking it, it would open a checklist of the units (automatically selected all - indicates which are already assigned) then you can tick/untick and submit credit to @Hayden for the idea.

Reaction score
That example isn't too applicable in this case, a high-profile shootout would take priority over a stolen car and it's easier to assign all then re-assign the few that need it.

I do understand your point though. Perhaps upon clicking it, it would open a checklist of the units (automatically selected all - indicates which are already assigned) then you can tick/untick and submit credit to @Hayden for the idea.
Nah bollocks to that, if it took my current incident off my screen I would be livid, especially since I don't go to shootouts often as I am not tfu