Police Suggestion Assign SS to a callsign

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Assign SS to a callsign
Suggestion Description: Assign secret service to a callsign, which would allow them to be assigned to incidents. All SS agents who join the job should get put in their own callsign. Also, grant Secret Service a Unit radio.

This is so dispatch can assign them to their panics or incidents they’ve requested and allow them to use Unit / incident radio to communicate with responding officers via voice communications.

Why should this be added?:
- Communication with officers in an emergency becomes easier.
- Huge QoL in general for SS agents
- Allows dispatch to open a channel with other government employees and Secret Service.
- Supervisors could also join the SS Unit to use unit radio to communicate with them and ask questions privately without needing to summon them via a public radio text channel.

What negatives could this have?:
- SS getting assigned to incidents by dispatchers who are none the wiser to their role? I don’t know.
- SS getting moved to different call signs for some reason, unlikely to happen.

Reaction score
This is so dispatch can assign them to their panics or incidents they’ve requested and allow them to use Unit / incident radio to communicate with responding officers via voice communications.

The issue with this is that Secret Service don't have access to a Police Computer to provide more information/view incidents themselves, and are unlikely to ever be assigned to an incident by Dispatch as their location cannot be viewed on the police computer either and their job is fairly one-dimensional: to protect the Mayor. I don't see what incidents they could be 'responding' to other than protecting the mayor, which doesn't require an incident itself as it is their job description and would just clutter the incident dashboard. Maybe mayoral/SS life alerts?

A way I could see this working is if Secret Service agents had limited access to the Police Computer ('Employees' tab and the Homepage, same as medics/firefighters), so that they could actually view employees available and see who the other SS are, mayor's life alert(s), etc. However, this has been denied already.

Reaction score
The issue with this is that Secret Service don't have access to a Police Computer to provide more information/view incidents themselves, and are unlikely to ever be assigned to an incident by Dispatch as their location cannot be viewed on the police computer either and their job is fairly one-dimensional: to protect the Mayor. I don't see what incidents they could be 'responding' to other than protecting the mayor, which doesn't require an incident itself as it is their job description and would just clutter the incident dashboard. Maybe mayoral/SS life alerts?

A way I could see this working is if Secret Service agents had limited access to the Police Computer ('Employees' tab and the Homepage, same as medics/firefighters), so that they could actually view employees available and see who the other SS are, mayor's life alert(s), etc. However, this has been denied already.

If they are seen as a government body, I don't understand why they wouldn't have access to the basic information? There was never a reason provided for why they denied the idea originally.

I think that SS should have a call-sign, and be able to interact with other government officials that do get assigned into the same incident - i mean.. The text government radio is literally the same premise but more long-winded especially in a life or death situation. Don't understand why you'd allow and force the SS to communicate in a way that is ultimately more dangerous for them, and that be seen as okay over being able to use an incident radio to communicate?

Reaction score
  • Staff

I think I explained already what they’d be assigned to:
> SS hits panic button, which creates an incident
> Dispatch can assign SS and officers to the panic
> Officers and Medics can now use incident radio to communicate with the SS agents,

Reaction score
I think I explained already what they’d be assigned to:
> SS hits panic button, which creates an incident
> Dispatch can assign SS and officers to the panic
> Officers and Medics can now use incident radio to communicate with the SS agents,

Sounds like a reasonable situation - though not quite sure how many officers/SS would take advantage of this. If this were added, I'd like to see it added alongside the integration of some sort of Police Computer for Secret Service, perhaps have it so that normal SS get access to the Home and Employees tab, and SS ranked Senior Officer+ on plpd.online get access to Home (including name/phone no. searching only) and Employees, as they are held to the same standards as if they were just on-duty.