ATM Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Stephen asked me to post this in Ideas and Suggestions.

Topic: Change the ATMS to have a better UI, a cleaner model, and more realism

Short explanation (in notes):
^

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
The current ATM is boring, bad looking, and unrealistic.

Optional additions:
*NOTE* These are what I think should be added, please address EACH one of them instead of saying -support current ATMs are fine.

-Make a delay and animation for withdrawing and depositing money.
*5 seconds maybe?*
-Remodel the ATM to have a better look and be less flat.
-Add some sounds to when you press buttons. A short BEEP should do.
-Make it so only one person can use it at a time. Have a popup that says "This ATM is currently in use" When you try.
-Remove the CASH sign on top of the ATM Add XQ-Bank or something

Reaction score
  • Make a delay and animation for withdrawing and depositing money. *5 seconds maybe?*
    • For what purpose? What exactly is meant to be achieved by this? Most transactions made already take longer than 5 seconds as is.
  • Remodel the ATM to have a better look and be less flat.
    • Again, what does this really accomplish other than us having to spend time on it to gain only perhaps a slight increase of visuals.
  • Add some sounds to when you press buttons. A short BEEP should do.
    • Could be added, but I'm not sure why it's needed really.
  • Make it so only one person can use it at a time. Have a popup that says "This ATM is currently in use" When you try.
    • I've hardly seen a time where there's a load of people using an ATM together, so this wouldn't change anything. Besides what harm comes from more than one using at the same time?
  • Remove the CASH sign on top of the ATM Add XQ-Bank or something
    • Having CASH written on it makes it far more straight forward of what the purpose of the machine is than the name of the bank it might be licensed by. So for new players or players unfamiliar with the map, XQ-Bank may not mean much to them.
Overall my questions keep coming back to why or what does it accomplish, and your reasons of why it should be added where I should be able to find out that information is less than detailed and does not explain anything.
  • "Boring", how is it boring exactly? What ATM is actually fun to use?
  • "Bad looking", how is it bad looking? It's as detailed as it needs to be to function as an ATM for practical purposes.
  • "Unrealistic" what defies realism with it? We don't need to have a whole PIN system as it would just be tedious and pointless to use each time.
So please give more detailed reasons and explain to me the importance of this, as right now it seems like idle thoughts of what could be done with them.

Reaction score
    • Make a delay and animation for withdrawing and depositing money. *5 seconds maybe?*
      • For what purpose? What exactly is meant to be achieved by this? Most transactions made already take longer than 5 seconds as is.
    • Remodel the ATM to have a better look and be less flat.
      • Again, what does this really accomplish other than us having to spend time on it to gain only perhaps a slight increase of visuals.
    • Add some sounds to when you press buttons. A short BEEP should do.
      • Could be added, but I'm not sure why it's needed really.
    • Make it so only one person can use it at a time. Have a popup that says "This ATM is currently in use" When you try.
      • I've hardly seen a time where there's a load of people using an ATM together, so this wouldn't change anything. Besides what harm comes from more than one using at the same time?
    • Remove the CASH sign on top of the ATM Add XQ-Bank or something
      • Having CASH written on it makes it far more straight forward of what the purpose of the machine is than the name of the bank it might be licensed by. So for new players or players unfamiliar with the map, XQ-Bank may not mean much to them.
    Overall my questions keep coming back to why or what does it accomplish, and your reasons of why it should be added where I should be able to find out that information is less than detailed and does not explain anything.
    • "Boring", how is it boring exactly? What ATM is actually fun to use?
    • "Bad looking", how is it bad looking? It's as detailed as it needs to be to function as an ATM for practical purposes.
    • "Unrealistic" what defies realism with it? We don't need to have a whole PIN system as it would just be tedious and pointless to use each time.
    So please give more detailed reasons and explain to me the importance of this, as right now it seems like idle thoughts of what could be done with them.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.