Background Check / Wanted Bulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Add background check and wanted bulletin

Short explanation (in notes):
- NPC (either at city hall or the PD npc) who can give a background check on any player for a small price
- Bulletin board that would appear in the PD lobby and city hall with all wanted individual's pictures and names

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Passiverp orgs might want to run a background check, such as restaurant or security orgs, before hiring.

A wanted bulletin would allow civilians to avoid dangerous individuals and prevent association in crime scenes by accident.

Optional additions:
- N/A

Reaction score
I do see how this feature could be used and implemented.
However there are a few things that would worry me, when you say a bulletin board with all wanted individuals' pics and names, I fear it's gonna turn into some weird, twisted WildWestRP where you have certain individuals running around trying to go all bounty hunter cowboy and apprehend a wanted criminal and then it results in them dying.
If anything, I believe there should be a way to see only your own criminal record at a small fee, because as mentioned in the OP, it would add depth to recruitment to for example passiveRP orgs and PMC / Security orgs.

Reaction score
I do see how this feature could be used and implemented.
However there are a few things that would worry me, when you say a bulletin board with all wanted individuals' pics and names, I fear it's gonna turn into some weird, twisted WildWestRP where you have certain individuals running around trying to go all bounty hunter cowboy and apprehend a wanted criminal and then it results in them dying.
If anything, I believe there should be a way to see only your own criminal record at a small fee, because as mentioned in the OP, it would add depth to recruitment to for example passiveRP orgs and PMC / Security orgs.

Yeah I'll edit this to make an optional addition "add a no bounty hunting rule" (cant comment, on mobile)

Status
Not open for further replies.