Ban Apology (Aquaa)

Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
145
Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Aquaa
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Permanent

Your Steam Name: bolts555
Your Roleplay Name: William Gavrilovic
Your SteamID: 76561199089202618

Why were you punished?: For Metagaming and failure to cooperate with a demo request.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Greetings, and thank you for taking the time to review this submission. It has been one year and some time since my ban from the server, and in that time, I hope that you will find this second appeal more reflective and well thought out than the first. To start, my previous appeal contained all the right things to say, but showed no understanding of my mistakes on the part of the server. I would like to change that in this submission. With the metagaming, it involved me using information that my character had no possible way of gaining in-character, most notably [e.g. information passed through Discord/voice chat outside the game]. I now realize the full extent of why this behavior is harmful, especially on a dedicated roleplay server like PERPHeads. This is an absolute violation of the fairness in every single situation that could arise, since everyone else is limited to what their characters perceive, and I was not. This harmed the experience of all of those who were trying to make a good effort on their end with roleplay, and my multiple instances of this behavior made it even worse. Regarding the demo request, it was very unwise of me to refuse cooperation with the staff, as demo requests were meant for staff to ensure the fairness of the server for all, and I made their work more difficult because of that. For the last year I've had a lot of time to read once again all the rules of the server with special focus on the metagaming rules and staff requests. I also know how in-game communication should look like (the use of radios and phones and in-character communication) and how all the information from other sources remains out of character. I’m making this request because I feel that I’ve earned it, not because I have any kind of claim to being owed something. I’m making this request because I enjoyed my experience on PERPHeads and because I think I can make a positive contribution to the community now. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
 
Back
Top