Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Curak
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 5 Days

Your Steam Name: weejameso
Your Roleplay Name: Jimmy Jackwagon
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:118692161

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: I was banned for not complying under gunpoint

Why should this appeal be considered?: I believe this incident warrants consideration as there were extenuating circumstances that influenced my actions. While I acknowledge that I broke the gunpoint rule, I want to clarify the circumstances that led to it being justifiable in my mind.
When the incident occurred, I was tabbed out, reviewing a prior medal clip, and upon returning to my screen, I was shocked to find two individuals in my apartment. My immediate thought was that I was being raided, and I had a gun on me at the time. Naturally, in a state of panic and fear for my safety, my initial reaction was to defend myself by confronting the intruders, resulting in their unfortunate demise.
At this point, it's important to note that the home invaders had not communicated with me in any way, or at least not while I was tabbed into the game. The situation was confusing and alarming, and I acted on my instinct to protect myself.
While I apologize for not complying under gunpoint, I genuinely didn't comprehend the full gravity of the situation. Had I understood the circumstances better, I would have immediately put my hands up to show cooperation.
Furthermore, I take responsibility for the risks I choose to undertake. In that moment, I made a decision to retaliate based on my own assessment of the danger I believed I was in. However, I realize now that there might have been alternatives, and I should have tried to assess the situation more calmly before resorting to violence.
In conclusion, I request that you consider these circumstances and the fear-driven reaction I had when evaluating my actions. I understand that I must be accountable for my mistakes, but I hope you can see the unique situation I found myself in and consider it as part of the whole picture.

Reaction score

They did in fact speak to you, had you been tabbed in the game or have backgroundsound enabled you would’ve heard. They were quiet because they were making a report to get you force ziptied as you wasn’t acknowledging their presence. Its your responsibility to always have gamesound (rule 2.7 Required Sounds)

I advise you to allow your gmodsound to still be played through your headphones when tabbed out. I’m no longer on my pc, but this can be done in gamesettings -> audio iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.