Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Efan
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Permanent

Your Steam Name: tigerrrrr77
Your Roleplay Name: Tiger Steinbeck
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:815872897

Why were you punished?: Making inappropriate comments to underage members of the community

Why should this appeal be considered?:

I believe this appeal should be considered as it was a one off incident and will not be repeated again if I was to be unbanned. I have read through the appeals process and the criteria for reasons for denied appeals. Firstly, I would like to go back to that original day when I was banned, on the 19th of January, earlier this year. When first teleported by Efan to the roof tops to deal with the admin situation, at no point verbally did I try to excuse or justify my behaviour or the comments that were made, roughly a half an hour earlier. I know that 'moonyofficial' the other player which was also banned, attempted to turn the blame onto Efan, stating that it was his fault for finding them inappropriate. I completely disagree with this and find it completely insane to even suggest such a thing. It may have began in a comical manner, when the comments first started but when the age of the other player was revealed, these comments should have ceased immediately and an apology should have been given. To put it simply, the comments should have never been said, regardless of the player's age.

Additionally, whilst reading through the reasons for denied appeals, I noticed within the list of common reasons for denied appeals, it states; 'You may not be unbanned if you have ever demonstrated a course of conduct that is toxic, disrespectful or a safeguarding concern' - As I have stated previously in past appeals, at the time of the comments being made I was seventeen years old, a minor. I am now an adult and I am aware that if these comments were repeated in a different setting, the consequences could be a lot harsher and more severe. I want to state outright that I am not a safeguarding concern. As I have said in previous appeals as well, I did not first initiate these comments. The player that the comments were being directed towards was a police officer, abusing his powers outside the police station. Verbal comments of any kind should not have been used. A demo of the situation should have been recorded and an IA report should have been registered through the PLPD forums for appropriate action to be taken. When 'moonyofficial' (the other player who initiated the comments and then tried to justify them, then was banned first - https://bans.perpheads.com/player/76561198944759740) When 'moonyofficial' started the comments to the police officer due to the abuse of power, I joined in as I too was frustrated at the powers that were being abused in front of me. I know now that this was the wrong thing to do, regardless of age. Before joining in with the comments, I was not aware of the police officer's age. Honestly, I did not expect a player so young to be playing on a Garry's Mod Roleplay server, but I should have been aware that there is no obvious age limit to the server, which shows that it does welcome players of all ages. These burst of comments that I made, would have lasted roughly ten to fifteen seconds. Upon the other player using his microphone, I then quickly realized how young the player was and stopped immediately, as it was an obvious inappropriate reaction to not only the abuse of powers, but by a player so young committing an abuse of powers.

I wish to state, whilst a witness to the abuse of powers, the police officer did not use his microphone. He was simply hitting members of the public with a baton, in the parking bays across from the police station.

Furthermore, before my ban, whilst playing on the server I was never toxic or disrespectful to any players within the game server. I went through a cycle of roleplaying as different jobs, primarily focusing on police and criminal. Although my conversation with Efan on top of the roof tops, during the admin situation was brief, I apologised immediately and admitted my fault. I can say with full confidence that if I had been aware of the other player's age whilst 'moonyofficial' was directing his comments towards him, I would not have even thought about joining in. Even now, if the player was of appropriate age, no inappropriate comments should ever had been said. As stated earlier, an IA report should have been made through the PLPD forums and the abuse of powers would have been dealt with in the correct manner.

Even though I have been banned now for over five months on the game server. I have made an effort to stay active on the community forums, even if it has been sporadically. If I was to ever be unbanned, I wish to get more involved into the community, helping others on the forum or simply being a more active member in community discussions and suggestions for the game server.

I did not give any time to think about exactly what was being said before joining in and subsequently adding negative value to not only another member of the community, but an underage member of the community, which I also was at the time, but some years older. There are certain lines you do not cross, no matter the situation or the environment you are in, and I regretfully crossed this line without first thinking about my actions and the impact that it could have on another player within the game server.

On the 11th of April, I submitted an apology appeal and was told by Efan to 'Please wait longer' - within this time, I have not only been waiting but I have also been using this time for reflecting on my actions and why exactly I thought it was appropriate to carry on that short narrative and continue those comments. There's no simple answer, I simply was not thinking at the time and acted wholly inappropriately and it was wrong. I am sorry for making the inappropriate comments.

I was fairly new to the server before being banned and had already read up on the server rules. This is the first and only rule I have broken and I am not a rule breaker within the server. I believe in the value of rules and the importance of following rules so everyone has an equal gaming experience. It was unfair for me to ruin another player's gaming experience momentarily, I will not break another rule, I wholeheartedly apologise and promise not only that an incident like this will never be repeated again, but I will not break any further rules whilst spending my time here within the community, whether that be on the game server or on the community forums. I am sorry.

Last edited: