Ban Apology (Sean (Backed By Sam))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Sean (Backed By Sam)
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 5 Days

Your Steam Name: Harry Slayer
Your Roleplay Name: Harry Slayer
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:107407270

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4,2.5 (I misunderstood statements in the rules)

Why should this appeal be considered?: I was banned because I preformed incorrect actions within a roleplay setting. These actions though, were not out of malicious, ignorance or recklessness. Rather a misinterpretation of the rules prescribed by the server due to a struggle within language barrier (That barrier being due to personal conditions, not an actual language).

I have conversated with multiple members of the community, consisting of veterans , helpers , mods , admins and more. All of which I have asked for advice ,pointers , explanations and assistance with assuring me to have proper roleplay as soon as I am allowed back on the server. I am deeply sorry for the problems I may have caused. But I assure you, I have read the rules 16 times now (I wanted to be sure I understood them), I have had multiple conversations to ensure that there will never be a confusion in the future again, regarding me.

I consider myself someone of good intentions, nature and action. Me breaking a rule is an extremely rare and, if I have to be honest disheartening situation. I can't stress how much this isn't me, and how badly I feel. I took the word Eyesight at face value. Without diving deeper, And instead of thinking about my actual intentions and how it seemed to me with the case of 2.5 , I should of thought how it looked to others. I stand out enough as it is. I don't want to also be known as a rulebreaker. And especially not a minge, You can ask about. You can ask Wyatt Carter, Rain , Cole ,John Wiussmen , Jamie, Foe, Alexi, Tyrone, Jamie Remington, Omar, Rocco and I'm sure others I have forgotten to list (Sorry I couldn't remember everyone's last name) for personal records about my behaviour. While I do enjoy breaking in game laws (Who doesn't enjoy the thrill of criminal activity in a virtual space) I do not enjoy breaking rules, and causing harm to players and wasting the time of staff. And for that I am sincerely sorry.

I personally though, do not see the benefit of me waiting out my ban. I am no minge so I don't see the point of me reflecting on my actions any further than I have, I have read the rules repeatedly and asked my peers. And I have made every attempt possible to fix the damage I have caused, I would also be willing to pay Jesser Rivers for any items lost in the unjust killing. I believe a more constructive way would for me to be allowed back onto the server. And maybe under the eye of an admin (if you don't believe I have fully read and understood the rules) be allowed to engage in roleplay. Being idle will not help me put in action the rule learning I have done. I must be able to actively roleplay and make decisions for myself. Which I believe I will now make correctly. Failing the watching eye, Maybe have me be watched by respected roleplayers or staff?

If all else fails. It's easier for me just to say this. I plan on making this server my new home. I want to treat my new home with respect, I want to be able to access it as soon as possible. I understand the wording now in place, and to not take every word as the dictionary definition but within the required context (I struggle with this but i'm trying)

Additional Information: I feel to prove that I thoroughly understand the rules, To a degree where this ban is no longer warranted. You should provide with me 5 questions, each worth a day (since my ban is 5 days) Each I get right is a day removed. Each question will have a rule break, this can be a simple or a hard one. If i get a question right, a day is removed. This will help me demonstrate I am ready to re-enter this community.

Of course this is only if you agree. I feel like it would be a good test. As i am clearly not a trouble maker, just someone who struggled at first with comprehension of the rules

I'd also like to say that I hope the effort I have put into this conveys the sincerity I feel, I am extremely disappointed in myself. I hate breaking rules. I don't like being a bad person. I apologise for the stress,anger and any other problems I may have caused. I just want to have fun with people.

(This apology took me a hour. And consists of over 700words)

I have also decided to take in account what Steelo said. And from now on I will try to be more careful with who I pick as friends

Steelo: "Doesn't seem you were really the 'leader' in the situation, maybe get some other friends that follow the rules better."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.