Ban apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Appealing for: Ban
Appeal type: Apology
Which staff member banned you: Gimic
How long were you banned for: 6 months (39 days remaining)

Your Steam Name
: Exnem
Your In-game Name: Archie Leonardo
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:56233091

Why were you banned/blacklisted: Mass RDM
Why should this appeal be considered: Before I get to the whole "Why this should be considered" part, I'd like to mention that I'm aware of how lucky I was to escape with a 6 month ban instead of a permanent one, and for that I'm thankful. So with that in mind I don't expect much to come from this appeal, I had my mind set on waiting my ban out anyway but I decided to give it a shot for the sake of apologizing in a very specific manner.
I don't try to break rules on purpose, so doing this was way out of character for me. My ban record has been very clean throughout my playtime here which I suspect might be the reason for this, my warnings, not so much.

Now to the apologizing part.
I'd like to state that doing what I did specifically, I'm not sorry for*. I do however want to specifically apologize to the people who were caught in the act for having done it to them, and that I had no real satisfaction out of doing it. I'm sorry for having inconvenienced you and also disrupting an RP sit where two individuals were about to be arrested. Naturally after so much time passing I can't mention people as I don't remember anymore who was involved.
It all came down to a long time coming frustration that I had nowhere to vent.
That doesn't excuse what I did however. I also wanted to make it clear that I know exactly what I've done wrong and had decided on day one of my ban to not post an apology (I hadn't actually planned to in the first place simply due to a clouded mind) until some time had passed. I used that time to idly think over what else I could have done and what I should do moving forward.
*I settled on making an apology with the intention to specifically apologize to the people involved, but not for having committed to my actions.

On a different note, I'd also like to apologize to the PD as a whole for having abused my position and used it for disruptive purposes. That shouldn't have happened, especially since It shines the PLPD in a really bad light. It's bad enough that it's being shone in a bad light, but when a division specifically meant to be professional in dealing with firearms incidents creates one and breaks several server laws and rules in the process when it's supposed to deal with and solve them as peacefully as possible, it paints a really bad image.

With an accepted apology I intend to return to normal roleplay and generally have fun again. I have different plans for the future as to where to vent my anger again.
Even if it's denied I still intend the above, but just waiting out my ban as I probably should.

I know this is a little short, but I genuinely don't know what else to say, I wrote and rewrote some sections probably 5 or 6 times and spent a good portion getting my point across in the best way I thought I could. I was having a fit I guess and wanted to make it clear that I wasn't happy, especially with how things were going (as of then) lately.
I spent most of my time away from the community early in my ban, lurking like I said I would, to refresh my mind and in general just have different thoughts. It helped a lot and again, I'm interested in hopping on again and playing the way it was meant to be played.

Additional Comment(s):
@Ayjay a very serious topic that ties in with the whole incident I want to discuss with you is to never bring my past suicidal tendencies up again, that upset me more than you could have imagined and I was in a really bad spot at the time of making that post, I woke up drenched in sweat and promptly dropped out of school the day after where I had a serious lack of sleep, and I was going to go through with it if it wasn't for a friendly chat with, unfortunately, someone I can't remember, I have a bad memory. It wasn't a joke and you should never have mentioned it in the first place. At the time of making the post I wasn't joking or attempting to gain attention. I had posted with the intention to tell people where I went as I know some people would be curious. I was also younger then and considered Perp to be a comfortable place to spend my free time for fun and de-stressing as much as dying every 10 minutes isn't, on top of socializing. On top of having responded to my goodbye post in a manner that suggested that it should have been a suggestion post, you locked it, and as far as I knew at the time you weren't a staff member. It really pissed me off even more. There are boundaries you shouldn't cross and this was one of them. I can be extremely explosive when I'm angry, but fortunately I tend to forget and easily forgive most things, I don't have a grudge against you Ayjay, and I'm fine with talking to you. I just felt that you hijacked my thread, that's all, some times it's just better to leave it than to respond to someone clearly not having a good day. Again, I ask you to respectfully leave this topic alone, I don't want to talk about it again, not here at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.