Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Benj
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Days

Your Steam Name: maeen
Your Roleplay Name: Saqib Asaad
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:39651776

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.20: Acknowledged his car being stolen then immediately disconnected.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Yesterday I joined the server for maybe 10-45 minutes, just to grab my free spins, and see if any of my org friends were online, which they were not, so I headed to the bazaar and had a quick look around to see if anyone I knew was there, and no one was. So I put on a youtube video on my 2nd monitor and was watching that for a few minutes, meanwhile just walking around ok bazaar not paying good attention to anything, and after a few minutes, I figured I might as well just hop off the server and head to sleep since I had been traveling for 13-14 hours and was tired.

And apparently, that got me banned for 3.20 which is a rule I don't think I have ever broken before, and I am really surprised that I got banned as I wasn't even aware that my car was being stolen. If I had acknowledged my car being stolen, I wouldn't have disconnected as I would just let him steal it, if he could have done it successfully.

A1L

Reaction score
Evidence shows your car being crowbarred, you turned around to the guy crowbarring it and disconnected?

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I was watching this video "
" https://gyazo.com/74156301594944048e1bd76559c2df17 not paying attention. I might have turned around when pressing the disconnect. As I mentioned, I was not paying attention, nor did I see or hear my car being crowbarred. I disconnected as I had been travelling since 6am in the morning, and I wanted to go to sleep, if I had noticed him crowbarring the car, I would of course have stayed on.

Reaction score

Be it as it was, you need to maintain awareness when you’re playing on the server. Even if you were watching a video, you were still at least visually aware of your surroundings. Under rule 2.7, you are required to be able to hear in-game sounds at all times. There’s a reason rules like this exist and if you were unaware as a result of a violation of this rule, that’s your own responsibility.

Regardless, the fact that you saw what was happening was indisputable and for you to disconnect was a blatant violation of the rules. Your punishment is proportionate to this.

Reviewed with @A1L

Status
Not open for further replies.