Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @blobvis 2.0
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Permanent

Your Steam Name: DAMAGEPLAN
Your Roleplay Name: Badger Matthews
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:210243665

Why were you punished?: I was banned for gas can bombing a rival gangs car while it was parked, unsure how this became an admin matter instead of in game roleplay police matter as it should have been. --- copy & pasted report reason: "Just creating fuel can bombs blowing up other people's cars, not here to roleplay"

Why should this appeal be considered?: This server is the only reason I play garrys mod anymore, I think that in game explosives and pyrotechnics / bombings should be handled by in game police considering its a crime listed in the laws, and last time I checked its the polices job to uphold the laws, not the admins, considering it was one test bombing to make sure it would work, and two actual attack bombing in an attempt to car bomb the rival gang IRA style. and not 100. me and a group of people play on this server and think this ban is EXTREMELY uncalled for, considering one member of our group was assasinated by the other group, we thought that a car bombing in an attempt to take revenge for our fallen group member was in place. if anything more than gang retaliation we were expecting police trouble, not a ban. considering im not hacking or spewing slurs in the chat it should have stayed a police matter instead of admins getting involved. I am rather new to the server and I didn't know about the you cant disconnect while dead rule. The only description I can give for the rival gang is that 4 of them all wore blue shirts, and spoke with a Italian accent. I believe the rival gang was mostly trolls just looking for a laugh. they ran up to a member of my gang and shot him in the back of the head with a pistol and ran off, this triggered the gang war. I would like to request an unban from this server that actually has RP in it unlike most servers, thanks.

Reaction score

You were banned mainly for rule 2.5 Excessive negativity. For killing someone or destroying someone property you must have a valid reason to do so. To be rival organizations is not a valid reason.

So are you disputing the actual ban, that you didn't break any rules or are you disputing the length of the ban?

If you disputing the ban you must provide evidence.

If you're disputed the length you have to make a staff complaint on the staff member.

Reaction score
I would settle for a Time ban rather than permanent. My valid reason for blowing up rival gangs property was because they murdered my friend in the the street. The evidence is the demo links.

Status
Not open for further replies.