Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: daniel
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Day

Your Steam Name: Dewritoz
Your Roleplay Name: Dew West
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:504541980

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - User didn't comply under gunpoint.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Hey there, you should consider my appeal due to lack of rule specification.

Description of the situation:
The gameplay incident happened at Suburbs 8 apartment while me and a couple of my friends were producing drugs. At one point, a raider/intruder had broken into our apartment from the backdoor.

There were multiple situations happening at the incident:
1) Firstly, I (Dew West) was under gunpoint after the intruder broke into the apartment. My very first intention was to surrender and to not put my life at risk according to rule 3.4. However, processing the situation should be considered as a factor of why I couldn't put my hands up immediately (I needed to realize what was happening as the raid was sudden, it caught me off guard), as well as a roughly 1.5 second voice chat delay on the server.
2) A short moment later, my friend came out of the room with a firearm in his hands with the intention of defending his property and possession of drugs - he had been killed on sight, almost instantly.
3) Within a time frame of one second, the intruder dragged his gun towards me, shot and injured me (my state of injury at that point: mildly injured and bleeding, I needed to be patched up with bandages).
4) According to rule 3.6, it is my right to defend my life at all cost, which is why I instinctively decided to pull out my firearm and kill the intruder.

Overall, Daniel's argumentation was that I had enough time to surrender. But in my defense, there is no rule specifically providing the information of how much time you have to surrender when under gunpoint. My explanation is mentioned above.

I hope for a proper justification of my punishment and consideration of rule 3.6, to defend my own life with the force I need.

Video footage/proof is contained within additional information.

Additional Information:

Status
Not open for further replies.