Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Dom
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Weeks

Your Steam Name: connorselvey
Your Roleplay Name: Jake Selvey
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:150700629

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.5, 3.4 - User shot two police officers because one of them was apprehending his friend for minor crimes.

Why should this appeal be considered?: 2.5 Excessive Negativity
Players may not excessively impact the experience of others in a negative manner, unless the actions are a proportionate escalation of negative actions that have been performed against the original player.

When participating in raids, players carrying visible weaponry inside of the property being raided are considered to be significant enough threats to be killed justifiably without prior verbal commands or interaction.

For example, it is not acceptable to:

Intentionally mug and target new players.
Destroy valuable items due to basic distaste such as product prices.
Killing a player over verbal insults, minor or accidental actions.
Killing a player after mugging them because they’ve seen your identity.
Cause unnecessary damage to a stolen vehicle without good reason.
Use explosives or incendiaries without taking precautions to ensure that uninvolved player's items are not damaged.
would you consider a police officer beating someone 7 times (with a baton) minor actions.
The cops should know this could have killed him, it is clear excessive force and if I didn't intervein I'm scared he would have killed him. I was also banned for 3,4 but I did get away from the crime and there was an immediate escape (monorail.) I got away before the medics and police came.

Additional Information: If the cops are so upset about dying they shouldn't have beat an unarmed man close to death over a "minor offense"

Reaction score

You must upload evidence of the situation for your dispute to be considered, you have 48hrs

Reaction score

for context we were being pulled over for a traffic offence and evading when our friend in purple turned up and the officer asked him to get out of the car for no reason, he then refused. Then was then forced out of the van and repeatedly hit by the officers, when I jumped out he was not yet arrested and I thought they would continue beating him, I thought one more hit would have finished him off as they had already hit him 5+ times. pls unban

Reaction score
3.4;

A few common examples of unreasonable risks includes, but is not limited to:

• Running on the highway without a justifiable reason
  • Loitering around the vicinity of a shootout you are not a part of or being within the line of fire from both intentional and accidental fire. Users must flee the scene of a shootout and wait for police to clear the scene and reopen the area to the public. This applies regardless of you being restrained or not.
  • Murdering a police officer(s) to avoid yourself or others receiving a minor punishment, such as a small ticket or a minor jail sentence

Reaction score

Your friend appeared to have tried to evade the Police, seemingly only over calling the cops an asshole, which seems like a bad idea to begin with. It is against the rules to kill a Police Officer to help another player escape fairly minor punishment, in this case only up to 5 years in jail. It should also be noted that the notion of you killing them to save your friend from being beaten isn't correct either, as he was clearly already in handcuffs and was not being hit by the Officers anymore.

You risked death and/or a 10-year jail sentence by murdering Police Officers over something quite unsubstantial, which is a violation of rule 3.4.

Reviewed with @Hayden @MiniRaze @A1L

Status
Not open for further replies.