Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Ellie
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: Tyrone
Your Roleplay Name: Shaquille Black
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:587262480

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: i went into a shootout and left after i got some notifications and i went back, and got slayed tried grabbing my gun with the NLR timer still on, thats is ofc a stupid mistake but i dont think it should be bannable. The other time i heard a shootout and went to see, and i accidently pressed "e" on the gun on the ground when i was looking at it, in which i immedietly got banned.

Why should this appeal be considered?: i went into an active shootout to check what was going on, i obviously left after i got like 20+ notifications, when it got a little quiet i went back and saw the police officer had walked into his vehicle so i expected it to be over, and then i just got killed, so obviously when the timer was done i decided to go back and try and grab my gun which i respectfully mean is mine, and i should not lose it from that coincidence, i think that was it from there. The next time i accidently pressed "e" on a gun from another shootout, i even pressed cancel before i picked it up, so i think the person who banned me was a little quick on their feet, and maybe rushed the ban a bit. I also really enjoy playing the server, since it has a unique roleplay community. Im also gonna try harder to learn the rules and commit to the server. I hope by making this appeal my ban can be revoked :)

1. https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1cKsKEAmGere6L/d1337A7JrXH6?invite=cr-MSxHWngsMTQyNTE5MTks

2. [21:32]
    https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1cKsTCxDJCg2ay/d1337e9HIKUe?invite=cr-MSx0dnYsMTQyNTE5MTks https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1cKtMIVyJnrIMh/d13370bGViS1?invite=cr-MSxPd0wsMTQyNTE5MTks

Last edited:
Reaction score

A TFU officer was looking at you across the parking lot with a rifle in their hand, when there are scenes like these present, you are expected to stand back at all times if the police are there instead of being bait and just walking in to grab a gun within their eyesight. Also, make sure to always steer clear of shootouts that you're not a part of & not go back to your own body to pick your weaponry back up after your death under the rule 3.5. Your ban is already lenient enough and justified, I'd suggest creating an apology instead if you wish a chance to be unbanned. Quoting rule 3.4 for reference:

"3.4 Putting your Life at Risk Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons. This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically;

A few common examples of unreasonable risks includes, but is not limited to:

• Loitering around the vicinity of a shootout you are not a part of or being within the line of fire from both intentional and accidental fire. Users must flee the scene of a shootout and wait for police to clear the scene and reopen the area to the public. This applies regardless of you being restrained or not."

Reviewed with @Dom_

Status
Not open for further replies.