Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: J A C K
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Weeks

Your Steam Name: ClumsySpyTwitch
Your Roleplay Name: Sheamus Macklin
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:81746803

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 4.1 - Failing to investigate properly and didn’t act in the best interests of the city; intentionally giving a raider’s firearm away to a defender.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I've tried my best to do a video and explain my thought process throughout the video. I did speak to A1L at quite some length regarding this as he initially created the Staff Report and I told A1L that at no point did I ever give away a weapon intentionally and that I don't believe I have broken server rules. I also did admit to A1L that I was probably naive at best in this situation but I did not intentionally give that weapon away. I did also explain to A1L in the report that I have COVID and I wasn't feeling well, so could they give me the outcome via discord and I logged off. I did also mention to A1L I could return to slums and retrieve the firearm if that is what has happened and I'll seize it, A1L declined and informed me that would be metagaming. (I did try to correct my mistake)

I think this punishment is not only incorrect, it works on the assumption that the staff member knew my intentions but is in my opinion an extremely severe punishment. I have a completely clean record of any 4.1 offences, never even received a warning for it, not on PD, Courier, EMS, Taxi, Fire or any other government job and I receive a 2 week ban and a demotion from SGT. At this point, it might even be easier to say that if you don't want me to play here on this server, just say so and Perma me? It certainly feels that way right now.

I feel it necessary to also mention, even though I did throughout the video, I was not the first officer on scene, this wasn't my investigation to start with! It is literally in the handbook that whoever the first officer on scene, they are the officer in charge. As you can see from the video, everyone just runs off and I end up dealing with it, nobody corrects me, nobody confirms who's weapon belongs to who and I'm just working on an assumption and the fact the defender is claiming it's their weapon.

There has been no communication with the individual I returned the firearm to, I haven't messaged them in OOC or via steam or discord or created some elaborate scam to make sure they get a M14, this isn't some major conspiracy.

Server rule 4.1 - Government employees must at all times follow the entirety of the law.
- What law has actually been broken here? I am confused.
- I tried to reference back to a previous IA I did, where I reported an officer for giving a firearm away to a Bazaar shop after a shooting, upon checking that IA, the officer received a reprimand. Why has mine ended in a demotion, without an IA? I won't disclose the reference, but I have it.
- Why has a 2 week ban been decided for this?

I am hoping this dispute can be taken seriously, I just really really do not understand it at all.

TL;DR

Returned a M14 to a defender, turned out later to be the raiders weapon, received a 2 week ban and a demotion.

Law 4.2 was violated as you have not performed your required duties. If a server punishment is issued for violations as LEO then a punishment is enacted by PD without IA to prevent backlogs of IAs.

You can hear in the clip that Jx states

"The weapon over there, that was my compensation" - 01:59

"Can he secure this weapon for compensation for the ammo used" - 02:59

Unfortunately, your demo does not show the following exchange

"Which one is the raiders weapon"

You: "This one" Crouch with your fists and gestures towards M14

You then go on to joke about how you were told initially that Hybrid had a pistol. All of this is quite damning proof that you were aware of the true owner.

However, if you will insist on breaking the rules and try to mislead staff, maybe don't brag about it in org chat to the friends you assisted with obtaining the item.

Pn7iXDt.png

I will be editing your ban reason to include 1.6 and extending it to a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back