Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Oddy
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: RatMan
Your Roleplay Name: Freddie Lusk
Your SteamID: STEAM_1:1:161959816

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 Not listening to verbal command at gunpoint from PD. And formed into 2.7 as well

Why should this appeal be considered?: I understand me being banned but i feel like because of me momentarily being disadvantaged, I should have not received this punishment. I would have considered talking with the cop about the situation.
But i would like to explain that on my side of the audio i was unfortunately unable to hear any given verbal commands due to a audio malfunction/bug. So, i have downloaded apps that ensure that the sound quality through my headset is at its maximum performance. Sometimes i like to indulge myself in downloading new games which happens to slow my computer down a little bit. While downloading this new application service i was playing with some of my favorite people to play with on perp. Im assuming my audio application crashed during this time. While playing trying to sell guns. In middle of trying sell my guns and talking to my friend about a personal medical issue in the real life. His mic cut out and i began to hear a noise. Like the sound of someone repeating the very last sound that came out of their mouth but superfast. I didn't think much of it, i just had assumed that it server lag. it had stopped after like 1-2 minutes repeated loudness. I had assumed that it wasnt going to happen again since this hasnt been an issue for me in a long while.
I did not take any trouble shooting on my computer, i had assumed it was server lag.
The next time this bug happen was moment before the situation happen. I shot my friend and thats when the audio bugged out again. This is when the incident began to take place. This is the point where i had thought the cop was already shooting at me. Because my back was turned to him. When i saw him it had looked like he was in middle of shooting at me so I ran because i didnt want to die, i shot back knocking him unconscious when he ran by in the street. I had spoken out loud in general asking for assistance dragging the body when my homie loads a mag into the cop body. Seconds later I saw officers in a SUV drift on by with their sirens on. At this point i was able to hear the audio just fine again. The bug had stopped and let me be able to hear ambiance again at the moment of the new police arriving on scene.
When the SUV slid by i had yelled " Cheese it Bois" to the homies. And i think everyone did leave but i was in parking still so i decided to have one final go police and began shooting. Thats when they killed me.
After spawning, i didn't have another receptive audio problem until after the situation was address by resulting in 3 day ban. 10 minutes after being banned. i called a friend on discord where the same bug happen then and their. Thats when i decided to do a PC restart.
After coming back from restarting my pc was just fine like nothing didnt even happen

I Did not clip the demo because it does show me not listening to verbal commands at gunpoint. Which will not help me against this case.
I would like to apologize to the cop for this. I also wanted to talk to him about the situation conclusion and what was happening on my side,

Additional Information: 2.7.
i was able to hear Players Microphones and Sounds. Moments before reaching the situation is when my audio bugged. That is when i shot my friend. The sound was bugged on the last frame of the gunshot.
Im not very good at explaining things in person and that often gets taken advantage of.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why should this appeal be considered?: I completely agree with me being banned for not listening to PD on gunpoint. 3.4 totally get it.

So you acknowledge that the ban is in fact valid? I'm not sure what you're disputing but you'll need to provide evidence if you wish for it to be considered.

Reaction score

So you acknowledge that the ban is in fact valid? I'm not sure what you're disputing but you'll need to provide evidence if you wish for it to be considered.
No, i understand from your guy's point of view. I would appreciate if you could try to imagine yourself as me in this situation. Not in the eyes of a staff member or the cop. I want you guys to work with me i guess?
i dont know how to put it without sounding like a dick. i should rephrase that

Reaction score

I've heard your side of the story and even though it was a bug with audio, it was still on your end and not the fault of the server or gamemode, so the ban is still valid. I would strongly advise you try and resolve the audio issue if you haven't already before playing on the server to prevent future repeats of this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.