Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Scoot
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: Ethém
Your Roleplay Name: Ethem Yamanashi
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:523822879

Why were you punished?: I got punished because I killed a cop in a traffic stop when my warranted was friend was riding with me to protect him.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I actually don't care much about the length or the ban; I just think this ban is a bit unfair to do so.

My friend killed 2 cops at business 2 40 minutes before the incident. He got warranted; he checked on his phone. This got radioded in to all the officers. Also, my friend's description was pretty easy to find. (Cowboy hat with brown clothes) When 35 minutes later after the incident, we met and got in a car, which is my car. Was going to the bank to buy a property. However, some random vehicle hit a civilian behind us, and the civilian's body came flying to our car. A random police cruiser saw this and did us a traffic stop at Regals parking lot.

So here is the strange part: I played the game for about 26 days at the moment; I am a PD main. I saw this exact same interaction more than I can count; somebody is warranted. They do a traffic stop; they get out, shoot the cops, and drive away.

So this is what we—I mean, what I exactly did in that moment—could not have known if the cop was going to gunpoint us if he did. There was no possible way we could have gotten out of the vehicle and shot him because we are under gunpoint, and that will be breaking 3.4. I could have driven away starting a chase, but at the time PD was almost full. There were multiple RTU cars and Mercedes vehicles, so we would have easily been caught/spiked/killed, so there's literally no point in doing that because that would be 3.4 if we look into that this way.

The only reasonable and smart play here is to stop the car like nothing is happening, get out, kill the cop, and drive away. So this is what we did, and it worked.

So I just can't make any sense about what the admin said by saying you could have driven away, and the cop wasn't knowing your friend was a warranted suspect. Further, you're breaking 3.4 in general in this situation. I mean, my friend is warranted for 9.5 on leos. Of course we are 3.4; we are putting our lives at risk by living at the moment.

So I'm just saying, can some other admin review this case again? I would be really happy.

Kind Regards

Additional Information: Thank you for your time whoever reading this appeal.

Your ban has expired, if you wish to continue to dispute the legitimacy of the ban please provide evidence or this will be closed.

Hello, what kind of evidence is wanted? I dont have the exact clip of killing that cop at regals, however I can send you this clip. Im pretty sure scoot has the clip of me killing the cop at regals.

However the ban has already expired, I opened this dispute not because of the lenght tho. Anyways if you wish to look further into this feel free, but its your final choice. Have a good day.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/iRLU6mifOcKqlV8IH?invite=cr-MSxLa2YsMjMwMTE4OTc1LEZPUl9ZT1U

Why did you choose to pull over for police if you knew your friend was warranted for murder?
We were close to the PD; if I chose to drive away, a chase would begin, and because it is a warranted suspect, every PD member would be chasing me; in that case, I would be either dead or arrested. The only smart play there was stopping for the officer at the traffic stop and killing him. There was no way I could have known if he knew my friend was warranted or not. If he knew, he would have gunpointed us and arrested us right away. Every normal-minded person does this, and I have seen this more than I can count as PD and as non-PD. Nobody said anything to them, but in this report somehow I got banned for this. Driving away was a stupid action, and it was going to put my life at more risk than this.

Pulling over at regals when you know your friend was warranted was too much of a risk.

Trying to avoid a chase isn't a valid excuse when your course of action is to murder a police officer directly across from PD. There were far better options available to you than killing the officer - which resulted in you being killed in front of PD 4 minutes later.

Reviewed with @Scrabuz @Tilin @Locksmith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back