Ban dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Appealing for: Ban
Appeal type: Dispute
Which staff member banned you: @azerd (Flugs) (See: ScamBans)

Your Steam Name: LunkLoafGrumble
Your In-game Name: Peter Winter
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:87827058

Why were you banned?: (See: ScamBans)
3.4, 3.6, 5.6 - User took an officer hostage for no sufficient reason, then when his absurd idea of how to hold the hostage was disregarded by the police he killed the hostage and himself.

Why do you feel the ban's invalid?:
Well i was planning to do a funny hostage situation by taking an officer (with his permission). So I found my officer and got my plan in motion. I was in position and called 911. I said that i have a hostage and made the officer panic to let them know it was real. Then 2 officers responded, Hayden en Flugs. I told them I was connected to the plank and if I die the plank will collapse. I told the hostage earlier if I die you should jump off. He agreed. So they came I explained my system and one of them said its not possible. And gave me the impression he did not want to play along in this situations. I ended the role play by releasing the plank and while getting shot i fell from the bridge. When i respawned i got taken to the roof by Flugs. He said there was a report made by someone involved. So he went and checked my record (My last ban was 31 OKT 2 months ago, My last warning was 29 NOV 1 month ago). He checked my record and came back and said why i was not banned longer earlier. Later in this conversation I pointed out that my last ban was more than 2 months ago and my last warning more than 1. He did not seem to care and did not want to take this in consideration. After talking to people that where involved they claimed they did not make a report. Flugs also said in voice chat to other people and before he brought me to the roof(Something along these line): that he found the hostage situation useless/dumb.

So after my finding I think Flugs was unable to judge fairly over this station due to his predetermined thoughts and anger he had towards this situation. And I suspect there was no report made and it came from him. After checking my ban it was 1 week after refreshing it was 6 days and later it turned back to 1 week again. This also gave me the impression he was unsure about the ban.

Could i have handled this situation different. Yes of course I should not have released the plank so soon. And just kept going even if other people did not agree with my roleplay situation. But only me and the officer that knew he could die are impacted by this situation. And with the intention to give everyone a fun time and have some laughs. Is this ban in my opinion an overreaction and excessive.

Deleted member 3131

sorry peter. but i understand why flugs decided to ban you. i explained we were friends and all, whic is why you got 1 week only. But you technically kidnapped me for no reason. brought me there nad just killed me. I understand you wanted to create a cool roleplay situation, however that one was handled very... stupidly.
If i had done the same i would have been banned to and i would be ok with it.

as the victim i forgive peter and i really would like to say "lower his ban by a couple of days at least. thank you".

<3

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Here's my response to the points you have made.

I'm not opposed to these situations happening so long as all parties are alright with it, and it's done within the rules (aside from the kidnapping itself), but neither of those things were the case. I do not overlook situations like this when a user involved has reported them, as I explained to you. I'm not sure why you find it hard to believe that someone reported this considering the mingey nature of it and the conclusion it had. I had no sort of prejudice towards you coming into the sit, nor did I have any anger about the situation. I could have appreciated it if you had not ended it in such a way, and more importantly; someone had not reported it.

As for the ban itself, regardless of whether you haven't had an infraction in just over a month, that doesn't change the fact that you have 26 warnings on record and had 17 bans prior to this, most of which for instances of 3.4. The length of this ban was based purely off of your record and more predominantly, your recent bans. You have never received a long ban. I, therefore, find 1 week very fair in your case, as opposed to the 3-week ban I was initially considering before acknowledging to your justification, which you could have easily received.

Reaction score
Denied

As @azerd has mentioned this type of situation would usually be fine if all parties involved consent to it, however, these usually need the green light from a staff member so that they can be monitored. The fact that a user made a report regarding the situation tells me that the situation was carried out poorly and negatively impacted involved parties and therefore did not benefit roleplay, making the whole event pointless and shows that you saw the situation as a piss about due to your boredom.

Reviewed with @Pugga.

Status
Not open for further replies.