Bike/Dirt Bike/Sports Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main Idea: Having a bike or maybe even a motorized bike to ride

Full description of the idea: A bike will cost about 5k and maybe you could have a dirt bike or sports bike which will cost around 100k-200k

Why should it be added?: It should be added because it will make roleplay a lot fun and maybe you could be driving something fresh on the roads

Pros:
A cheap but slow way to get around, a lot of fun, you could be riding trails in the forest

Cons:
Glitches? A lot of ppl will have bikes, bikes being left in random places

*Other additions: Dirt bikes will be illegal to drive on the street

1024x768.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

01C93F73EF81866CBD98326B860F2A58B4DE9596

1024x768.jpg

Although I like the idea of having bikes, why make them illegal on the streets? If they are to be illegal anywhere I'd say that would be on the highway (for the same reasons that it is illegal for pedestrians to walk on the highway, don't want to get scooped up by a Bugatti). I'd say make it illegal to obstruct traffic whilst using them, that means making a law that forces cyclists to stick to the side of the road and allow for passage of traffic using the same lane.

We can always create a law stating that bikes may not be placed in any way that obstructs traffic or pedestrians to avoid the lingering of bikes everywhere.

Maybe even have a police bike that costs significantly less than a cruiser for the mayor to employ? That would mean that officers that can't get a car can grab a bike and maybe even do some community socializing? I could see this being useful in alleyway pursuits and area based patrolling, you could easily overtake a fleeing criminal on foot with one of these.

Although I like the idea of having bikes, why make them illegal on the streets? If they are to be illegal anywhere I'd say that would be on the highway (for the same reasons that it is illegal for pedestrians to walk on the highway, don't want to get scooped up by a Bugatti). I'd say make it illegal to obstruct traffic whilst using them, that means making a law that forces cyclists to stick to the side of the road and allow for passage of traffic using the same lane.

We can always create a law stating that bikes may not be placed in any way that obstructs traffic or pedestrians to avoid the lingering of bikes everywhere.

Maybe even have a police bike that costs significantly less than a cruiser for the mayor to employ? That would mean that officers that can't get a car can grab a bike and maybe even do some community socializing? I could see this being useful in alleyway pursuits and area based patrolling, you could easily overtake a fleeing criminal on foot with one of these.
I mean make dirt bikes illegal on the street.

Thats what i wanted to suggest long time ago , Riding on bmx and shooting people like in the hood ? Oh hell yeah!
+different colors
+New sounds of bmx and motorbike
but the main problem it can be glitchy with the physics so the developers need to check something in it,
except that,
its awesome !
Edit: Bmx can Bunny hop, to make it even more realistic

I agree with the suggestion and reikelts post, at the moment we are usually in pursuits with cars, and they sometimes leg it down an alley before a cop can grab them, jf we had bikes and cop bikes, a speed enforcer could be capturing speeding vehicles and allowing the bike to stop them or something. Overall lime this suggestion and hope it gets implemented.

It's been suggested multiple times, but here are the reasons why it's been denied:
- Too much time and effort to add
- You would be able to get into places you aren't supposed to, there are reasons that the yellow posts exist all over the map
- How would you fall from a bike?
- There isn't a bike addon that has actual bikes that exist in real life, I personally wouldn't want to see this in the motorcycle shop: Sport bike, Dirt bike, Scooter etc... Basically like having Car, Sport car, Truck, Van in the car dealer.
- The bikes you included in the pictures look like toy bikes (minus the dirt bike)

And from what I understood, your own bike knowledge isn't the best, dirt bikes are legal on the street, its just that there are some with road legal licensing and some with race licensing. A dirt bike having lights, a horn, supermoto tires, and mirrors doesn't mean its road legal.

On top of that super sport bikes in real life can cost as much as 10000$ and go 300 kmh, the Kawasaki H2R can go 400 kmh and costs 53000$, you think the prices difference between cars and motorcycles would fit well in game? Noone would buy cars, because bikes are more efficient and usually faster when it comes to price/performance ratio.

Thats what i wanted to suggest long time ago , Riding on bmx and shooting people like in the hood ? Oh hell yeah!
+different colors
+New sounds of bmx and motorbike
but the main problem it can be glitchy with the physics so the developers need to check something in it,
except that,
its awesome !
Edit: Bmx can Bunny hop, to make it even more realistic
Riding on bmx and shooting people like in the hood xd? Love you man

It's been suggested multiple times, but here are the reasons why it's been denied:
- Too much time and effort to add
- You would be able to get into places you aren't supposed to, there are reasons that the yellow posts exist all over the map
- How would you fall from a bike?
- There isn't a bike addon that has actual bikes that exist in real life, I personally wouldn't want to see this in the motorcycle shop: Sport bike, Dirt bike, Scooter etc... Basically like having Car, Sport car, Truck, Van in the car dealer.
- The bikes you included in the pictures look like toy bikes (minus the dirt bike)

And from what I understood, your own bike knowledge isn't the best, dirt bikes are legal on the street, its just that there are some with road legal licensing and some with race licensing. A dirt bike having lights, a horn, supermoto tires, and mirrors doesn't mean its road legal.

On top of that super sport bikes in real life can cost as much as 10000$ and go 300 kmh, the Kawasaki H2R can go 400 kmh and costs 53000$, you think the prices difference between cars and motorcycles would fit well in game? Noone would buy cars, because bikes are more efficient and usually faster when it comes to price/performance ratio.
Stock dirt bikes like a crf250 are not legal on the street. And if the ppl at perpheads actually put some effort into making this work we could actually see bikes in the game. Ever seen those videos on youtube when dirt bikers run from cops? That's because in the U.S.A. they are illegal on the main streets.

Denied

Bikes on Garry's Mod does not work, if you know how a bike handles in real-life you would cry if you saw how they handle on GMod, thus not making it realistic at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back