Punishment Type: Blacklist
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: SamSN
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Less than 1 Day

Your Steam Name: BullyHunter
Your Roleplay Name: Henry Lopez
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:60438167

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: Homophobia

Why should this appeal be considered?: [OOC] BullyHunter: gay heads took my pots :(

I called SamSN a gay head for taking my pots in a raid and he believes its homophobic?
Calling something gay doesn't mean I dont like gay people... obviously.

I'm positive most people have used 'gay' as an insult and are not homophobic as that would be an absurd assumption as there is no correlation.

Calling someone a prick doesn't mean I have a phobia of spikes.
Calling someone a piece of shit, doesn't mean I have a phobia of shit.
Calling someone a gay head doesn't mean I have a phobia of gays.

ygm?

Additional Information: Calling someone a gay head doesn't mean I think your head is gay.
Or whatever other part of calling you a gayhead you think is homophobic.

Reaction score
What were you trying to convey with the message?

BullyHunter

Communication Banned
Reaction score
What were you trying to convey with the message?
He took 11 of my twelve pots so I called him a gay head.
Not certainly sure what I was trying to convey, something along the lines of him being mean though, not homosexual lol.

Reaction score
He took 11 of my twelve pots so I called him a gay head.
Not certainly sure what I was trying to convey, something along the lines of him being mean though, not homosexual lol.

So, why did you use that word? I do not see the correlation between taking pots and being homosexual?

BullyHunter

Communication Banned
Reaction score
So, why did you use that word? I do not see the correlation between taking pots and being homosexual?
Bruh, that's exactly my point... There is no correlation.

My blacklist has since expired, but i'm still down to argue that calling someone a gay head is not homophobic.

Reaction score
You say you were trying to convey that he was being mean by calling him a gayhead. This shows that you are using gay as a synonym for mean which is homophobic in itself.

You also claim people have used gay as an insult while not being homophobic. This is not true as using the word gay as an insult is homophobic as you are insulting on the basis of sexual orientation.

I think the bottom line is that you are in denial that you are homophobic. This is a good place to start as it seems that you don't intend to be homophobic.

Recommend you get online and do some reading about homophobia and examples of homophobia.

One short term solution is simply to remove the word gay from your book of insults. If you are using the word gay in an aggressive way you are probably being homophobic.

Good luck on becoming a better person!

Reaction score

Changed reason to 1.1 as clearly meant to be insulting. I'd also suggest taking @JeanMacron's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.