BR on Michael Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: Eddie Stallone / HeaTz
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: Michael Boyle / sdac2
His/Her SteamID:
Why Should This Player Be Punished: User shot me for no reason when I noticed my door was being lockpicked, I asked the lockpicker nicely if he could stop lockpicking and Boyle shoots me for no reason. I had never seen him ingame either that session.
Evidence (Demo Required):
Tick:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Eddie. Can you please send a demo in the Ban request? Boyle may have had a good reason to kill you. Just showing a you tube video could be cutting out some important parts before the lock picking happened. If the IMG thing is meant to be the demo It's broken for me :D

@Sdac2 Could maybe give his point of view as well? He did say Chris said It was fine.

Reaction score
+Support, it is clear that Boyle killed you when you done nothing to them, you were also unarmed. I don't see any reason to kill you for this.

Reaction score
It seems like he did shoot you without a reason, but I don't think it deserves a ban. It seems like more of a warning matter.
I'm going to stay +/-Neutral for the moment. However I am leaning more towards the +Support side because you were unarmed and not a direct threat to him.
EDIT
I'm going to stick to JohnRiddle's statement.

I've never been in a video before :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction score
If there was not a burglary going on, this would have deserved a ban, but you did interrupt a clearly (attempted) stealthy raid, and it looked like Boyle was involved with that.

There are a few issues with this on your side:
1: You probably shouldn't have tried to interrupt a burglar, you should have called the police.
2: Boyle may have killed you because there was a medic nearby, and you could have told him, in which the medic would instantly get the police there.
3: Boyle may have killed you just out of instinct, I realize this isn't your fault, but raids can be a very stressful and paranoia-filled time, and Boyle may have just killed you in the heat of the moment, it would have been different if you had told the burglar to stop, and then Boyle had killed you after you talked to him, but the whole thing happened in a 10 second time frame, and from Boyle's point of view, he just saw a guy standing really close to his (potential) raiding partner.

Now there are more severe issues on Boyle's side:
1: He shot you with a high power shotgun in a highly-populated area, near a medic, he would have heard.
2: He didn't seem to have a valid way of escape after he had killed you.
3: If he wasn't involved in that raid, he'll be in big trouble.

Overall, I can't really make a decision, as the entire video is a bit vague, we really need to hear @Sdac2 's point of view on this.

If he was involved in the raid, I would say a day's ban (depending on how many past bans and warnings he may have).
If he wasn't I would say a week (Once again, more would be appropriate if he has recent past bans or warnings).

nNH2uwK.png

M

Reaction score
Boyle's ID: STEAM_0:0:48656781

accepted.jpg

Having reviewed this now with a video:

e351f99b4e.png

I was initially under the impression that
Eddie was pointing the gun at our friend,
forming the reason for his shooting; now
it is clear that there were other ways
in which this could have been resolved.