Server Suggestion Buddy System Change

R3D

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Buddy System Change
Suggestion Description: Changes i feel like would help the community.
I feel like this new buddy system is a nice idea but ive ran into problems already.
If people running past whilst im sorting my shop it stops what im doing and goes to the menu.

When im looking at a door i can press e and buddy them through doors.
It would be nice to keep this new realistic option or maybe integrate it with the phone? for example if you have their number they will automatically appear on your buddy's list.
This new system has basically rendered the F4 system irrelevant.

Why should this be added?:
- his new system has basically rendered the F4 system irrelevant which a volume of the community are accustom to.

In my opinion this change has brought confusion and just created a longer process, i believe it has not developed and improved the realistic emersion.

What negatives could this have?:
- It isnt as realistic as maybe the new staff members would like.

Reaction score
Think of it this way, Q menu is for quickly doing it however the menu is still by far the best way for actual buddy management in the longer term

R3D

Reaction score
I think we should have the option to type their name in F4

Reaction score
I think the way the menu is opened should be changed to something less likely to be pressed, I accidentally open it a lot just by trying to do other stuff next to people. Could maybe require fists out instead of keys? or maybe something with shift or ctrl.

Reaction score
I think the way the menu is opened should be changed to something less likely to be pressed, I accidentally open it a lot just by trying to do other stuff next to people. Could maybe require fists out instead of keys? or maybe something with shift or ctrl.
Great idea. It should require you to have your fists out or perhaps even your physgun as strange as it may sound (I assume there might be some roadblocks with using Fists+E since it is how you check for a pulse, I'm not sure).

Reaction score
I think fists is a bit weird to have out but maybe something to consider.
As a first band-aid I changed it so the buddy menu has to be open for at least 0.3 seconds before any changes are made. This should prevent accidental modifications while trying to pick up items or similar.

Reaction score
I think fists is a bit weird to have out but maybe something to consider.
As a first band-aid I changed it so the buddy menu has to be open for at least 0.3 seconds before any changes are made. This should prevent accidental modifications while trying to pick up items or similar.
What if you could only pull the buddy menu up while your phone was out? This makes sense realistically.

Reaction score
It hasnt work with over 5 people today , even after reseting