Bug Report (Plastic crates flying around and sometimes disappearing when fishing.)

Reaction score
Type of Bug: Content

Description of the Bug: Plastic crates flying around and sometimes disappearing when fishing.

How to reproduce the Bug: While fishing you need to get lucky and get an empty crate which will immediately start bugging out and after flying for some time it will disappear entirely or if you get lucky you can pick the crate up while it's flying.

Media: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/27FO8Mp-glx0Sg/d1337QeLlUKe?invite=cr-MSxOelksMjEwMjU1MDk5LA
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/27GbpMMUky1wT5/d1337TUlErEy?invite=cr-MSxiTkMsMjEwMjU1MDk5LA

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Reaction score
Yeah, this has been around for a very long time. It was a lot worse when you couldn't freeze fishing rods, but it's definitely more of a physics bug than a map issue. Not sure how it could be resolved, but other items such as the knife have a similar issue.

Reaction score
Yeah, this has been around for a very long time. It was a lot worse when you couldn't freeze fishing rods, but it's definitely more of a physics bug than a map issue. Not sure how it could be resolved, but other items such as the knife have a similar issue.
Thanks for pointing that out, I changed the type of bug to content. I don't know what causes it, but maybe it could be the objects and the hook colliding and causing it to start flying around? In that case you could probably just remove collision from the fishing hook or the object that is attached to the hook.

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out, I changed the type of bug to content. I don't know what causes it, but maybe it could be the objects and the hook colliding and causing it to start flying around? In that case you could probably just remove collision from the fishing hook or the object that is attached to the hook.
I believe is just the position you have put your fishing rod as it interfered with the beach quite a bit making it very shaky. Try to put your fishing rod a bit more forward and see if that helps. Or even put the fishing rods away from eachother so when you have had a catch it and you have had a crate like you did the crate doesn't go as insane and so does the other fishing rods making for you to actually get your crate and be happy in victory. If it doesn't I hope there is many other people for you that may help. And there are different alternatives like docks but it is a bit risky so is Hicktown Lake, Park Lake and other lakes/ water areas.