REMOVE THE PLASTIC CRATES FROM FISHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Remove the small plastic crates / basket things you can get from fishing.

Why should this be added? (pros): It should be removed simply because when you catch a plastic crate 9/10 of the times your fishing rod just flies away with the plastic crate because there glitching inside each other.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Don't really know, less plastic crates I guess.

Reaction score
I think this should be a bug report about the plastic crates sending the rods flying instead of a suggestion to remove them. As far as I'm aware, those crates are not obtainable through any other means, so removing the supply would render them more valuable, but at a bit of an inconvenience for others who don't already have them and would like to use them in their builds.

Red

Reaction score
I think this should be a bug report about the plastic crates sending the rods flying instead of a suggestion to remove them. As far as I'm aware, those crates are not obtainable through any other means, so removing the supply would render them more valuable, but at a bit of an inconvenience for others who don't already have them and would like to use them in their builds.
Tbh, I did think about posting it in the bug report but I wasn't to sure. I tried fishing the other day and lost 3 rods because of this.. yes I got them back on relog but still it isn't the point. Could just make them purchasable from a shop, it's y'know only a plastic crate.

Reaction score
Tbh, I did think about posting it in the bug report but I wasn't to sure. I tried fishing the other day and lost 3 rods because of this.. yes I got them back on relog but still it isn't the point. Could just make them purchasable from a shop, it's y'know only a plastic crate.
Yeah but there's really dumb reasons why some items remain rare.
Take the repair kit for instance. It's ridiculously rare, could serve a higher purpose but is simply just a re-skinned wrench that's non-replenishable.
It could have been a literal repair kit that would be more expensive than a wrench. It would repair your engine more than a normal wrench, and temporarily patch tires that were deflated, but that didn't happen.
One of the suggestions for it was a little out there, but it was still denied.

I'm not too optimistic that the crate will be implemented as obtainable through stores given the history with some rare items being requested to be made available this way. I think the better way to implement it, if it ever does get implemented, is for it to be craftable using plastic and paint buckets. (for the color)

Red

Reaction score
Yeah but there's really dumb reasons why some items remain rare.
Take the repair kit for instance. It's ridiculously rare, could serve a higher purpose but is simply just a re-skinned wrench that's non-replenishable.
It could have been a literal repair kit that would be more expensive than a wrench. It would repair your engine more than a normal wrench, and temporarily patch tires that were deflated, but that didn't happen.
One of the suggestions for it was a little out there, but it was still denied.

I'm not too optimistic that the crate will be implemented as obtainable through stores given the history with some rare items being requested to be made available this way. I think the better way to implement it, if it ever does get implemented, is for it to be craftable using plastic and paint buckets. (for the color)
Yeah my mate said the same thing make them craftable, Either way I'm really not bothered what happens with it aslong as something is done because currently fishing is too much of a fuck about.
Especially since you can only spawn 4 so if one does decide to grow wings and fly away then I can't even spawn another until that one is picked up.

Reaction score
They’re literally rarer than most items though.

Yeah my mate said the same thing make them craftable, Either way I'm really not bothered what happens with it aslong as something is done because currently fishing is too much of a fuck about.
Especially since you can only spawn 4 so if one does decide to grow wings and fly away then I can't even spawn another until that one is picked up.

Is having props unique to fishing not a good enough idea to help enhance it as a source of playermade income? I think it’s fine

Reaction score
They’re still rarer than most items though
In the brief time I fished for, I obtained them easier than watermelons pre-v5, or repair kits. Hell, admin tv's are probably the rarest item in the game alongside tasers.

Red

Reaction score
They’re literally rarer than most items though.

Is having props unique to fishing not a good enough idea to help enhance it as a source of playermade income? I think it’s fine
As Exnem said this should probably be in bug report. Yep... obtaining these crates through only fishing is perfectly fine. If they didn't bug out your rod sure.
Definitely not rare though, I can tell this by the amount of rods I've got back after rejoining :,)

Status
Not open for further replies.