Building a gaming PC

Reaction score
You need to be aware of compatability if you add all of these on will your computer tolerate them.

Some computers may not be made for high end hardware if you upgrade one thing you may need to upgrade, sometimes you need to upgrade more than one piece of hardware.

Reaction score
Depending on your budget, you could try getting an Intel Core i7-4790K instead.

For your power supply, I suggest being on the safe side with a 650W or higher. You could also go for 12 or 16 GB of RAM, but only if you plan on having lots of stuff running, or edit videos. I have 12 GB myself, and it's just fine.

If you're a person like me, and happen to own a lot of games that you frequently play, or you plan on recording when you play, you could go with a 2 TB HDD.

And, in my honest opinion, you should stick with Windows 7 instead. I don't know why, but I just have a certain hate for Windows 8.

I am probably just spewing out random stuff that won't help at all, and is most likely unnecessary.

Reaction score
Theres just one problem,power supply.
Take more then 700W.
I had something like 600 and after some days it's just burned out.

Reaction score
I'd say skip out on the DVD writer, because nobody really uses physical discs anymore. Nowadays everything is digital. Also, I think you should skip the wifi-adapter and instead get yourself a wired internet connection. It's a lot more stable and generally provides a better connection than wifi. Additionally, it might be good to invest in a 120GB SSD drive and install your OS on that, because that will speed up your system immensely. I mean, if you want to upgrade a single component and increase your performance as much as possible, then you should buy an SSD drive.

Reaction score
Hey, i actually just bought a i5 4690k , the same motherboard too and ordering 970 soon just look at overclockers.co.uk for cheap prices ive actually total-led up that i have spent £600+ on my pc but not £700-800 like the price of yours

Reaction score
To save myself some money would it be an idea to use the stock CPU cooler that comes with the CPU?

Reaction score
Do you actually need a better gaming pc?
It seems like you're enjoying garry's mod enough right now
274.8 hour past 2 weeks
=
19.6 hours a day.

But if you still want a better gaming pc the build is fine right now, but i would suggest you to not use the stock CPU cooler. As i'm sure you will have to buy a new one/bigger one after a year or 2. But thats up to you.