Bus system

• Thread starter Deleted member 5577
  • Start date

Deleted member 5577

Main Idea: Add a bus system to the city

A full description of the idea: The addition of busses alongside a bus driver job (or two) and bus stops dotted around the city. There could be routes the drivers have to follow somehow and if there is more than one bus driver maybe split the routes into two or three to make journeys quicker. I find the monorail to be nice but we could have a better transport system. The bus would be very cheap to get on to encourage use and should be exempt from being held up for example by gunmen. However, it might be realistic if the bus was left alone and it was possible that someone could place a car bomb on it to create a "Terrorist attack" this would be an addition but might be quite annoying.

Additional: The bus should say vote David Carry on it because he is the best candidate and forever will be <3 (Does not gamble on duty)

Why should it be added?: I think this would be a nice addition and allow player other options to the taxi and give players jobs that might not enjoy things like the medical service or fire if they don't want to go into crime. I would make transport across the city easier with busses being able to access places which are still a decent run from the monorail station.

Pros:
- Cheap transport for players
- Easy way to make some money for people
- An easier way to get to places like city hall and further places from a monorail station.
- Might be fun :)

Cons:
- Could be bombed
- Might not get regular staffing (I would definitely take a shift if this is added)

Reaction score
We had a bus driver job back in the Evocity days. I enjoyed it, but im pretty sure that it got removed because noone barerly used to job. And now when we have the monorail there isn't really any use for it. And we have taxis.

Deleted member 5577

@Draxen Thanks for taking the time to respond to my suggestion!

Yeah I suppose we have taxis however they are bloody expensive Jesus like £200 just to get from CH to CG

Reaction score
People have been wanting more legal ways of making money, this seems like a good idea. Could also be fun. Would also love to see this on callum byfords youtube channel.

Deleted member 5577

I give up with the illegal ways to make money on the server Jesus Christ always get myself Raided or exploded or just killed by cops

Reaction score
are you doing a @Corolla or something?

alone and it was possible that someone could place a car bomb on it to create a "Terrorist attack" this would be an addition but might be quite annoying.
Arent terrorist attacks 2.5 anyways? No

its been suggested before but i'd really like to see this. Our bus stops have a screen with the time they will arrive, so maybe add bus stops with an estimate of when a bus comes?

Just need to make sure bus drivers know the route, and dont afk somewhere. maybe introduce a gps for this?
if it has a good pay people will use it more often

Reaction score
This seems like a good way to make money legally but I think that's is going to be the same situation as the taxi, its only used once in a blue moon.

Reaction score
we've had a million threads for a bus system smh
we already have enough ways for transport and it would just make the monorail redundant

Reaction score
Million threads for this idea, still it has not been added. I hear so many people wanting this added and wanting to be a bus driver.

I would prefer to add this job instead of the taxi tbh

Reaction score
I believe this is a good idea, you could also add a stop button on the bus and they could be massively cheaper than a taxi. There could also be an app showing the busses locations! I think this would add a more variety to jobs!