Bus driver job:

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Re Add the bus driver job.

The job should work as such:
- Obtained from the taxi NPC
- The bus spawns in front of the taxi rank
- There should be 2 slots by default, adjustable by the mayor.
- Bus stops will be placed on the map in key locations.
- The bus driver earns $100 per stop. In order to get the money, the bus must stop at each bus stop for 20 seconds.
- It costs $100 to use the bus. This money goes to the bus driver.

Passengers inside the bus could Also have the ability to notify the driver to stop at the next stop with the space bar, however, this wouldn’t be necessary as theres /y chat.

”But people will just minge with the bus”
Better they do it with a bus than a roadcrew truck because a bus is easier to shoot.

”Theres already a monorail, why would people use the bus?”
The monorail only goes to the Edge of 3 city centres and isn’t a job. This will create a job that you can still make money with even driving around with an empty bus.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- New job to play as
- Fun
- Could create interesting roleplay situations.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- Potential for misuse
- Potential for lack of use​

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Been Suggested way to many times. and has been denied.. Too many times.

Reaction score
big ups bus driver job, it would probably die, but considering its low effort and when its used it could be a good laugh/good rp I don't see why it should be denied

Reaction score
  • Staff
We got the bus driver job when we reverted to evo city for a month and a half for a solid 45 minutes til @Bolli realised he launched the job broken.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
What's the point in having a bus driver job when we have a taxi job that is never used?

Reaction score
  • Staff
Because you'd make money from it even if it wasn't being used?

Reaction score
Definitely support this. New players can earn money a bit easier and learn the map. And it sounds like its gonna bring fun rp and good laughs.

Reaction score
Evocity had busstops, paralake doesn’t so I think it wouldn’t work on the current map, maybe they can include them in v5 if this gets accepted

Reaction score
  • Staff
Bus stops can be added without editing the map specifically I believe, in the same way NPCs are added to locations in the map. That’s the plan for bollards on V5

Reaction score
Bus stops can be placed as props, the same way bollards are planned to be used in the future.

Reaction score
Would love to see this added as it would bring another sense of RP and would bring some fun times.

The only issue could be is that like the roadcrew truck people may abuse it by being able to ram into people ect

Reaction score
I had a mini discussion with @TinySlayer last night about the bus while deciding what other vehicles to add to Swat Van Showdown and while we were able to spawn the model (thanks to it still being in Content Pack 2), it didn't have PERP's vehicle script implemented for that particular vehicle. Nonetheless, the bus did give me a few ideas of how the bus could be implemented if it were to be readded to PERP so I'd like to provide my own take on the idea, that being:

Reintroduce the Bus driver job as either:
  1. A job only available for staff members (including Helper)
  2. A job that only players who have been whitelisted can access (by applying on paralake.city for example)
The reasoning as to why I would like to see the job reintroduced as either one of those options is primarily with new players in mind as realistically, I would see new players as the ones using the bus the most while they are learning the layout of the map which, while the monorail also serves the same purpose, only covers a specific area of the main locations of the map whereas the bus would be able to access more areas. However, as the bus could be misused with its sheer size for a number of reasons, I believe the bus should only be available as job for one (or both) of those options above to prevent misuse and give roles such as Helper more stuff to do to help new players around.

I would also suggest that the bus would not be allowed to access certain areas of the map where the bus would significantly struggle or would get stuck, such as Sunset Boulevard or other narrow/tight turnings so perhaps a route would need to be made that the bus should follow, with the exception of allowing to detour off of the route slightly to other suitable areas (for example different parts of suburbs that can be easily navigated)

Deleted member 5577

the taxi job isnt used because the fares are very expensive
This isn't wholly true, I had a lot of business from my taxi the other day especially with all the new people around

Reaction score
I had a mini discussion with @TinySlayer last night about the bus while deciding what other vehicles to add to Swat Van Showdown and while we were able to spawn the model (thanks to it still being in Content Pack 2), it didn't have PERP's vehicle script implemented for that particular vehicle. Nonetheless, the bus did give me a few ideas of how the bus could be implemented if it were to be readded to PERP so I'd like to provide my own take on the idea, that being:

Reintroduce the Bus driver job as either:
  1. A job only available for staff members (including Helper)
  2. A job that only players who have been whitelisted can access (by applying on paralake.city for example)
The reasoning as to why I would like to see the job reintroduced as either one of those options is primarily with new players in mind as realistically, I would see new players as the ones using the bus the most while they are learning the layout of the map which, while the monorail also serves the same purpose, only covers a specific area of the main locations of the map whereas the bus would be able to access more areas. However, as the bus could be misused with its sheer size for a number of reasons, I believe the bus should only be available as job for one (or both) of those options above to prevent misuse and give roles such as Helper more stuff to do to help new players around.

I would also suggest that the bus would not be allowed to access certain areas of the map where the bus would significantly struggle or would get stuck, such as Sunset Boulevard or other narrow/tight turnings so perhaps a route would need to be made that the bus should follow, with the exception of allowing to detour off of the route slightly to other suitable areas (for example different parts of suburbs that can be easily navigated)
Yeah we could implement plbd.online (paralake bus drivers) and maybe have like regulations and different ranks, which we could then have idk a gen ops meeting were people can get promoted? Maybe have a bus command team and a tatical bus unit.

Just kidding, but I feel like we've seen this with plpd, people will get annoyed if this job becomes like the plpd. lets not put yet another job behind an application. Perp needs less rules and to allow people to be a bit more creative. If you want a truly dead job, continue with this idea.

Reaction score
I believe there are busstops around the map, I've seen some atleast that's what i think or i was drunk.
ANyways, if u add busstops and set a route for busdrivers to drive around, it would be impossible to minge around it. And with @Super_ his idea of only letting people who apply for it/helpers(staffmembers) drive it. Minge would not excist i think lol.

Reaction score
Why would it need to be helpers+ only lol, u are making a job for only a small amount of the players so it will get even more dead after a while. If you are saying it needs to be helpers+ to avoid minging, look at rc. Many more possibilities to minge as rc than a busdriver lol.

Reaction score
Yeah we could implement plbd.online (paralake bus drivers) and maybe have like regulations and different ranks, which we could then have idk a gen ops meeting were people can get promoted? Maybe have a bus command team and a tatical bus unit.

Just kidding, but I feel like we've seen this with plpd, people will get annoyed if this job becomes like the plpd. lets not put yet another job behind an application. Perp needs less rules and to allow people to be a bit more creative. If you want a truly dead job, continue with this idea.
No point making a whole website for just bus drivers. May as well just use Paralake.city

Reaction score
No point making a whole website for just bus drivers. May as well just use Paralake.city
e37.png

please be joking
please be joking
please be joking
please be joking
please be joking
please be joking
please be joking